Blue moon rising - the film

Balti said:
well hopefully it wll look like an interesting museum piece in 20 years

just not quite sure who it is aimed at tbh

it's part of the brainwashing exercise aimed at our new fans.. and we are now starting to pick up new fans all around the world... not just that but the kids in manchester are turning back to city again

if you are a nine year old kid in oxford or watford, a couple of years ago you'd have been a nailed on man united fan

now that kid turns on sky sports news and sees city, listens to the radio, hears about city, watches match of the day - city are the top game, reads match, 442 or whatever and city players are on the front page... buys the premier league stickers... city players are on the book front page

its just about increasing our profile and becoming a national brand - a kid could pick up a blue moon rising dvd for christmas and be anywhere in the country

Going to reserve judgement on the film till I've seen it but the bits I've seen so far make me think "why on earth did we do that?"

RBmk2 said:
Going to reserve judgement on the film till I've seen it but the bits I've seen so far make me think "why on earth did we do that?"

This could well be our last trophyless year so, I myself think it's a good thing we've got a visual record of what we look like now; as the intention is to be one of the top teams in England in the near future.

It's a 7/10 film for me. Starts off really funny, it does bring the pain back from last season.. it finishes a little bit weak. This is by no means a shit film.

Blues should go see it.

I was lucky enough to get a ticket for tonight's premiere.

Personally, I thought it was great. I also think it was the perfect season to have made the film. Last year may have been our last 'typical City' season and a film celebrating our successes in glorious HD may have just pissed people off.

I was completely absorbed from start to finish. Couldn't give a fuck what other people think about it!

Loved it all!

BLOOMUEN said:
I was lucky enough to get a ticket for tonight's premiere.

Personally, I thought it was great. I also think it was the perfect season to have made the film. Last year may have been our last 'typical City' season and a film celebrating our successes in glorious HD may have just pissed people off.

I was completely absorbed from start to finish. Couldn't give a fuck what other people think about it!

Loved it all!

Glad to hear... Im certain it will have a more positive then negative impact.
CTID

Each to their own and no doubt this will be a successful move from the club. I would imagine there is always going to be a market there for a one off, well produced football fan film based around a big club.

Personally though I can't think of anything interesting about spending an hour or so listening to random football fans spouting off in front of the camera about how they are "so passionate and love football and love city and just love it and love football and love city and it means so much to me and I love it" - even if it is interspersed with clips of matches that I've already seen.

Perhaps it isn't like that and is a lot deeper but that it is how it comes across on the brief promotional material I've seen. To be honest, if it is just a procession of blokes banging on about how much they love it and containing the standard 'mad celebrations' and 'devastating defeats' that are standard in football fan coverage, I'd be ridiculing it to high heaven if it were about another club.<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:12 am --<br /><br />Wow, just watched the Gillingham reconstruction bit.

Give me more "I'm so passionate, I am, I love it and I love football, watch me shout a lot and cry when we lose, that's how passionate I am" any day of the week over that guff.

Who can honestly think that is

a) representative of that day, a day that might never be surpassed in terms of significance, for anywhere near a significant number of City fans

or

b) anything other than coming across of the story of a child bullying clown who is based on some sort of Shameless character

The point of this film seems to have been missed by some. There are a lot of
"we should wait till we win something", "we shouldn't have done it." type posts.

The film is about the takeover and the effect on the club in the first year of that takeover.
A hugely significant event in the history of our club. I don't know how
anyone can expect not to see clips of matches they have already seen in a
retrospective documentary but maybe I'm missing something there. Sometimes
my fellow blues make me weep with their negative take on anything the club do.

Personally I can't wait to see it and will buy the dvd to show my grandkids
how the direction of Manchester City was forever changed on the last day of the
transfer window 2008.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.