Blue moon rising - the film

He looks worse than his Frank Gallagher character

61271_10150254492720455_208411345454_14668054_5155114_n.jpg

bluevengence said:
He looks worse than his Frank Gallagher character

61271_10150254492720455_208411345454_14668054_5155114_n.jpg

he looks ten times better!

[bigimg]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs332.ash2/61271_10150254492725455_208411345454_14668055_4384807_n.jpg[/bigimg]
sophie though ;)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6379267,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 67,00.html</a> for a list of venues.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Each to their own and no doubt this will be a successful move from the club. I would imagine there is always going to be a market there for a one off, well produced football fan film based around a big club.

Personally though I can't think of anything interesting about spending an hour or so listening to random football fans spouting off in front of the camera about how they are "so passionate and love football and love city and just love it and love football and love city and it means so much to me and I love it" - even if it is interspersed with clips of matches that I've already seen.

Perhaps it isn't like that and is a lot deeper but that it is how it comes across on the brief promotional material I've seen. To be honest, if it is just a procession of blokes banging on about how much they love it and containing the standard 'mad celebrations' and 'devastating defeats' that are standard in football fan coverage, I'd be ridiculing it to high heaven if it were about another club.

-- Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:12 am --

Wow, just watched the Gillingham reconstruction bit.

Give me more "I'm so passionate, I am, I love it and I love football, watch me shout a lot and cry when we lose, that's how passionate I am" any day of the week over that guff.

Who can honestly think that is

a) representative of that day, a day that might never be surpassed in terms of significance, for anywhere near a significant number of City fans

or

b) anything other than coming across of the story of a child bullying clown who is based on some sort of Shameless character

This,this,and thrice,this!

The wife and I were going to see the film on Sunday but having finally got round to watching the preview clips I must say,it looks a right load of bollocks! I was actually squirming with embarrassment watching that play-off reconstruction,are we supposed to empathize with these people? They seem like a bunch of freaks! Why are football fans always portrayed in this ridiculous,over the top way? I've followed City since I was a small boy but at no point have they been the most important thing in my life,and I have never,never cried over a result!(I think anyone who does has mental health problems!)
And why,oh why, must every piece of footage about City have bloody Oasis songs blaring away in the background?

Its a shame because I was looking forward to this but I really don't want a repeat of the night I went to watch the Maine Road play which was the worst piece of theater I have ever seen.(I had to apologize to the people I was with for taking them to see something so shit!)

So please,if you have seen the film,is it any good or is it just full of over the top,"I love it me" bollocks?

Would I like it or is it best to give it a miss? I loved the City documentary from the 80's,is it anything like that?

Guyrinho said:
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6379267,00.html for a list of venues.

For those that are interested I've just contacted the cinema in MK and they are not planning on showing it as advertised on Sky Sports and MCFC.co.uk

Just thought I'd let anyone planning to go there know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.