blue or white shorts

OK Here goes(crash helmet on!)
Maybe I'm chattin s**t,but I have a theory on City's kit in general.Now I openly admit I'm no phsychologist/doctor/optician etc but I believe that subconciously from a very early age we recognise bright colours much more easily than pale colours,e.g. Yellow/orange hi-viz jackets,red stop signs,double yellow lines etc. Now this is kind of borne out in football,where you have to pick out team-mates or opposition players in the blink of an eye(poor analogy I know),it could be that we recognise these colours a fraction of a second quicker,albeit subconciously. If you look at some of the most successful & consistent teams of the last 40/50 years,scum,arsenal,liverpool(yellow away kits too),I think they have a slight neurological advantage.I know there's exceptions to my theory,ie,Barca,Real Madrid,Chelsea etc,but in general it kind of holds up, in my head anyway.
Hence I preferred the Blue of the Kappa shirt,white shorts & white socks(as Mr Gullit said football just looks sexier in white socks),and my favorite away kit is the red & black striped one we have now.

Lakeysbadknee said:
Maybe I'm chattin s**t,but I have a theory on City's kit in general.Now I openly admit I'm no phsychologist/doctor/optician etc but I believe that subconciously from a very early age we recognise bright colours much more easily than pale colours,e.g. Yellow/orange hi-viz jackets,red stop signs,double yellow lines etc. Now this is kind of borne out in football,where you have to pick out team-mates or opposition players in the blink of an eye(poor analogy I know),it could be that we recognise these colours a fraction of a second quicker,albeit subconciously. If you look at some of the most successful & consistent teams of the last 40/50 years,scum,arsenal,liverpool(yellow away kits too),I think they have a slight neurological advantage.I know there's exceptions to my theory,ie,Barca,Real Madrid,Chelsea etc,but in general it kind of holds up, in my head anyway.
Hence I preferred the Blue of the Kappa shirt,white shorts & white socks(as Mr Gullit said football just looks sexier in white socks),and my favorite away kit is the red & black striped one we have now.

HEre comes another one....

Didsbury Dave said:
Lakeysbadknee said:

HEre comes another one....

Didsbury Dave

A bit of background on me,not that I should have to justify my thought processes.
I'm 42,been a blue for 42 of those years,
(though the first few are a little hazy now),was a season ticket holder from 11 until 30 when I became a dad,had to work Saturdays & couldn't justify the cost. I'm now a bluecard holder with my daughter & we attend every game we can.This season we've only missed the Everton game & that's because I had to work.I've recently spent 6 months working at the other end of the east lancs & even them boys don't call me a rag. So please,I don't mind you disproving my theory,would love you to in fact,but don't ever call me a rag,as I'd rather shove wasps up my arsehole!

Didsbury Dave said:
What was your first game mate?

DD

Hartlepool at home,sat on my dads knee,in the league cup 74 I think,like I say,slept since then. I think it's the 1st ever game where a player was sent off whilst being carried off on a stretcher,think we won 5 or 6 nil.
P.S. My dad was a season ticket holder for 30 years,main stand.

Lakeysbadknee said:
Didsbury Dave said:

DD

Hartlepool at home,sat on my dads knee,in the league cup 74 I think,like I say,slept since then. I think it's the 1st ever game where a player was sent off whilst being carried off on a stretcher,think we won 5 or 6 nil.

Why the use name then?

Didsbury Dave said:
Lakeysbadknee said:
Didsbury Dave said:

DD

Why the use name then?

Lakey was my all time hero,played against him at school level,was there when he swallowed his tongue,the 5-1 derby win,& when THAT team won the FA Youth cup.It's not meant as derogatory,but as a mark of respect for one of the most gifted players to ever wear the shirt.If I had as much talent as his right little toe,I'm sure I'd have made summat out of football. Lakey= Legend.

Like the Europa kit from last season with Maroon numbers. I would prefer white shorts with a maroon stripe down the side of the whole kit.

Were you in the Main Stand when he swallowed his tongue?<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:51 pm --<br /><br />I thought you'd run a mile when fronted out. Another one outed.

D Day truly approaches.

It's all very girly this, have a lot of ladies taken interest? I'm surprised I've not heard that Yaya's arse looks big in white shorts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.