Blue pubs in City Centre

Blue82

I thought this might be a bit of a distraction from the various Hughes out/Hughes in threads...

I was wondering what pubs in the city centre you would class as 'City pubs'? i.e on matchdays they attract almost exclusively city fans, have city memorabilia on the walls and/or openly advertise their City allegiances

The two that immediately spring to mind are the Waldorf and Mother Macs. Which other pubs would you class as Blue Boozers, so to speak.

Similarly, which pubs do you consider to be infested by reds and therefore No Go areas for all right-minded people?

good idea! and anyone know where to watch the match in town on a 3 o clock kick off? Me and my mates can never afford tickets so need to find a decent pub!!

Went into Wave for the away derby last season...big big mistake. As red as a raddish, that place. Should've stayed around my area and gone for the local down Ladybarn lane.

that-lad said:
blue:
crown & anchor
lass 'o' gowrie
the castle
city arms
athenium

red:
sawyers arms
most of those around deansgate

neutral:
old monkey
circus tavern
wetherspoons/yatesys
quite a few blues go in the ape & apple on match days

that-lad said:
blue:
crown & anchor
lass 'o' gowrie
the castle
city arms
athenium

red:
sawyers arms
most of those around deansgate

neutral:
old monkey
circus tavern
wetherspoons/yatesys

Is the Atheneum open again? Are we not still banned???

Add the Rising Sun to the Red ones. Don't go in, because you might get caught up in a very strange situation when Blues attack it and you don't know whether to pretend to be a Red and get decked off a fellow Blue, or admit to being a Blue and then get decked off the Reds. Never again.

GOULDYBOBS said:
good idea! and anyone know where to watch the match in town on a 3 o clock kick off? Me and my mates can never afford tickets so need to find a decent pub!!
Circus Tavern

garyowensgolfclubs said:
GOULDYBOBS said:
Circus Tavern

As long as you've got no more than 1 or 2 mates...

Would any of the above accept or be sutiable to bring kids into on match day, I do like a pre match pint but it seems harder and harder to do so whilst educating future generations to the city way.

Dhenry said:
Went into Wave for the away derby last season...big big mistake. As red as a raddish, that place. Should've stayed around my area and gone for the local down Ladybarn lane.
the brewers by any chance ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.