Blue Tuesday (Lakey's question): Derby Day defining moments!

last season away was the first for 34 years I had not been to at the swamp or MR or COMs - so imagine how happy I am I did not go - after that I swore I would never go again but guess what this season has grabbed me by the b**ls and I will be there next week so if we lose you know who to blame - then there is the guy I sat next to in the 4-1 who leaped out of his seat along with 34000 others when SWP slammed home no 4 yyyeeeeesssssssssssssss - OH SHIT NO as he had first goal scorer and 3-1 in a double - stood to win about 2,500 - memory gone was it sinclair the first one cant remember ? anyway Paul thanks for donating on sat - Bry is hard to say no to is he not - hope you continue to plug the cause mate

yer right sw4, i remember a mass of city walking up warwickroad they just couldn,t beleive it, some had there heads in there hands i new then it was our title, probably the most important derby victory only shadowing the last derby at maine road and the 5 /1?
sw4blue said:
The 3-1 in 1968. I was 14 and I'd never seen us win a derby before. God did we play well that night.

I still remember the complete silence around me on the way out of the ground. A huge crowd of red zombies, all utterly miserable. I didn't dare say a word, but my heart was singing!

In the last derby at Maine Road, been bursting for the loo since Vassells goal. It was coming to the end of the match and decided to go thinking "2-1 all wrapped up, quite happy" Had just finished my business when I hear a roar. Thought City had buggered it up again, ran through trying to pull up my jeans at the same time.

I breathlessly asked someone what had happened
"Fowlers just scored" he said with a funny look on his face and walked off.

Relieved, I realised my jeans were lower down than previously thought in my panic and I had just flashed a stranger my knickers. Armed with my extreme loss of dignity I went to celebrate

BlueMentalNurse said:
In the last derby at Maine Road, been bursting for the loo since Vassells goal. It was coming to the end of the match and decided to go thinking "2-1 all wrapped up, quite happy" Had just finished my business when I hear a roar. Thought City had buggered it up again, ran through trying to pull up my jeans at the same time.

Relieved, I realised my jeans were lower down than previously thought in my panic and I had just flashed a stranger my knickers. Armed with my extreme loss of dignity I went to celebrate

that wasn't the last Maine Road derby, it was at COMS.

Didsbury Dave said:
BlueMentalNurse said:

that wasn't the last Maine Road derby, it was at COMS.

Oh dear, my memory of that is more hazy than I thought, please forgive a young one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.