Blue Tuesday: Lakey's Question: Exciting endings...

blueripple

Hi Everyone

I was chatting to Ian Cheeseman this week about all the various games that he's covered during his career, including a few that had some really dramatic endings. With that in mind, this week's Blue Tuesday question is:

Which last fifteen minutes of a City game most sticks in your memory?

As a player, mine was our 1988/89 promotion game against Bradford when Trev Morley scored with four minutes to go. As a spectator, it has to be that Wembley nailbiter against Gillingham, but your memories of any other harum-scarum endings (good or bad) are welcome!

We'll be reading out posts on Tuesday's show (6pm, BBC Radio Manchester, 95.1FM, and afterwards on iPlayer).

OAB, AAB

Lakey

I have quiet a few bad memories from the seventies when: City were beaten by lower division teams, beating us in the last minutes of the games, teams like Bury, Bolton and the like. Hope we never go back there!

Good
99 playoff final
Steve Redmond scoring TWICE in the last minute when we beat oxford 2-1 in 87-88?
Replay vs spurs in the cup 2004

Bad
2-2 vs liverpool when we went down(remember screaming at the players in the last 15min when they were playing keep ball)

BOTH derbys at OT this season

citygirl77 said:
I have quiet a few bad memories from the seventies when: City were beaten by lower division teams, beating us in the last minutes of the games, teams like Bury, Bolton and the like. Hope we never go back there!

Not being pedantic but when did we play Bury in the 70's and get beat by a last minute winner? Must have been a cup game but i can't remember it?

Birmingham away about 12 years ago we scored to make it 1-0 in the last minute .Guess what ? we lost 2-0

Bilboblue said:
cyberblue said:
Birmingham away about 12 years ago we scored to make it 1-0 in the last minute .Guess what ? we lost 2-0

been on the sauce cyber???

it was 2-1 to them, they scored 2 in injury time!
Just testing Cheers

Villa FA cup. That feeling after Micah put it in. Fell over bodies and seats trying to celebrate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.