Blue Tuesday: Lakey's Question: Exciting endings...

The ultimate has to be the Gills and Wembley. I can't remember any City game where I've experienced the entire gamut of human emotions. From the absolute suicidal depths of despair at being 2-0 down in the final minutes to the orgasmic highs when Weaver saved their penalty.

As fas ar I can remember (for me at least) no other game has even come close.

Blackpool Away in the Cup 1987-88 Season , 2 Divisions below us and 1-0 down going out ..........Wave after wave of attack from us , wouldnt go in , post,bar , keepers legs the lot ...Then in the 90th minute the maddest penalty box scramble , legs , arms everywhere like a rugby scrum , then the ball hit Lakey on the shin :-) and trickled over the line ....cue pandemonium !!!

(Beat them in the Replay ) ..

the 2 - 1 win at old trafford i was stood in the stand just waiting for the whistle felt like forever then the dream came true :)

and spurs in f.a cup 4 - 3

and yesterday against sunderland i just had a feeling we were goin to score and johnson scored a screamer :)

Gillingham 99

Spurs FA Cup 04

Arsenal home in the league this season, mostly because of the atmosphere as well as the goals and play

The good -

like you Lakey the 88/89 promotion decider at Bradford, but unlike you i wasn't playing ;) I wasn't even there unfortunately, but as with all away matches back then i listened to the commentary on the radio. I had it on in every room in the house as i was pacing around having a nervous breakdown (in the way that 14 year old girls do!)

Not forgetting Wembley 99! Dickovs goal is without a doubt the best moment of my life. Wembley bounced when that goal went in, and i don't think i took a breath for about 2 minutes we lept around that much! Coming on top of going 2-0 down so close to the end, to get the goal to still be in it never mind end up winning - it blew us all away lets be honest!!!!

The Bad - Liverpool at home, last day of the season 1996... need i say more :(

Nothing will beat the play off final 1999 for me, it had everything!!! We have never looked back since, I dread to think what would have happened if we hadn't got up that day!

The big ones have already been covered - the 4-3 vs Spuds, the promotion and relegation matches.I guess the match at OT earlier this season was an exciting ending, even if it should have ended 4 minutes earlier.

Play-off final has to take it though - a complete fairy tale. When Horlock hit the first I knew, just knew, we were going to do it. The ball angled and curved straight towards me behind the goal, and everything felt possible again. Every City fan at Wembley I think felt it, and the players must have too. I don't remember extra time at all - was totally numb. But at least I recovered in time for the penalties, and any doubts that may have remained were blown away when Edgey hit such a sublime penalty - I thought, if he can do that and he's a full back, then it's definitely our day.

There can be only 1 game which sticks out like a sore thumb for dramatic endings and thats the play off final 1999

2-0 down 90 minutes played the up pops super Kev and Dicky to send the blue half of the stadium mental!!

Sheer drama, sheer excitement and it all happened in the last few minutes of normal time !

What a game .............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.