Blue Tuesday: Lakey's question: Glass Half Empty?

Well how many times have we had out hopes built up only for them to be cruelly dashed? Many cup quarter finals spring to mind for a start. Maybe the likes of Portsmouth getting to two Cup Finals in three seasons adds to it when we never get a sniff.

We haven't reached a Cup Final or a neutral semi-final for 29 years and we haven't qualified for Europe off our own steam since 1978.

Can anyone name a club of such a magnitude that has such a degree of failure?

Until we actually achieve something tangible then that feeling of the glass being half empty will always be there. There is always that feeling lurking, because we have gone so long without success, that something is bound to go wrong. I have that feeling with the top four now because 31 years of experience tells me that we just don't do success. I will believe we can be successful when I see it but not before.

There is nothing more painful than being psyched up for something great happening then it all to go wrong. At least if you don't get yourself all giddy, then the pain is not as intense if it does go wrong. I spent too long getting all excited when we got as far as the last 16 in a Cup. I'm not doing it anymore. They broke my heart far too many times for me ever to be a 'glass is half full person', which I know you are Lakey because you've mentioned it a hundred times in your show! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.