Blue Tuesday: Lakey's question. Spend 1 hour with a manager

Billy McNeill

what we had was the first fergie with man city
the setup we had at youth level back then well before beckham scholes neville's butt giggs

we had 7 or 8 young players who should have been bigger than the utd team back in the 90s

we had lakey white redmond hinchcliff brightwell molden scott and more
it just needed the chairman to back Billy McNeill with 4 or 5 world class players

but in the end Billy McNeill jump ship to villa but both went down that season

so that 1 hour would be the best 1 hour in my life
i would just to turn to billy and say what could have been if he had stayed

just look at fergie at utd 20 odd years later won everything
with kids playing from the youth setup

ok he spent money on the team but it was the youth setup that took then to the next level with 1 or 2 star players to gel the team

so why Billy McNeill did you jump with so much talent at the club

Kinky Dribbler said:
Steve Coppell. Seems quite fitting since 1 hour was about the amount of time he was in the job for.

Brilliant - that has just made me spit my tea over the keyboard

For me it would be Mercer - just to get his thoughts on who in the modern era he would buy for city, and how he would go about the rebuilding of a dynasty for us

I'd like to know the secret that Joe Mercer & Malcolm Allison had to have a winning City Team ?

Brian Horton .A verry nice Bloke who has not a bad word for anyone & done a decent job everywhere he has been

Got to be Allison, second time round, before he started ripping the heart out of City by selling Barnes and Owen the biggest mistake he ever made Convince him that yes surgery was needed but not so drastic His actions were the single biggest factor in City's demise.

Although there are lots of managers from the past that I would love to chat to, have to look forward and stick with the present, so for me it's Mancini.

I'd ask him, in his view, what makes a successful side? He's walked into management and been successful everywhere so far (let's hope it continues). Why is that? Is it down to players, philosophy, attitude, Italian diet, or everything? What is the first thing he does when he walks into a club? Asses the players or look at tried and tested guys to bring in?

What did he think of City before he came here? Had he heard of us, even before the take-over? What does he tell the players before a match, and does it vary depending on the opposition? Do you highlight specific threats and weaknesses? Are you still confident you can succeed here too, now that you have seen our league close up for a few months? Have any of the players caught your eye as drastically underrated, or as one for the future? With the immense pressure on you to finish 4th, is it even possible for you to stamp your authority and style on to the team in such a short space of time? If not, will we see a different style of play next season?

Lots of questions I know, but I'd want to make the best of that hour :)

kramer said:
Got to be Allison, second time round, before he started ripping the heart out of City by selling Barnes and Owen the biggest mistake he ever made Convince him that yes surgery was needed but not so drastic His actions were the single biggest factor in City's demise.

Actually got to chat to Brian a few years ago when he was in charge at Macc, in a curry house in Cheadle. He was remarkably amicable and decent considering how drunk we were. Top bloke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.