Bluemoon 31st July

Marvin

We've got two full moons in July. Any time that happens, the 2nd moon has come to be known as a Bluemoon.

Just thought you might be interested. The phenomena arises because the Lunar Cycle completes approximately once every 29.5 days.

The phrase once in a bluemoon is thought to originate from its rarity.

I read somewhere a few weeks ago that either the FA Cup or Champs League final is on one as well next season, can't remember which one it was.

There are two types of blue moons (not counting this one); Seasonal and Calendar

The one on 31 July is a calendar blue moon, which is 2 full moons in a calendar month.

There is one on 21 May 2016 (FA cup final day) which is a seasonal one, which is when there are four full moons in a season instead of three. The blue moon is the 3rd out of the 4.

There are two types of blue moons (not counting this one); Seasonal and Calendar

The one on 31 July is a calendar blue moon, which is 2 full moons in a calendar month.

There is one on 21 May 2016 (FA cup final day) which is a seasonal one, which is when there are four full moons in a season instead of three. The blue moon is the 3rd out of the 4.
Bet you're fun at parties. ;-)

Wow I didn't know that!!! I love Bluemoon (this one not the one in the sky) it's so informative

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.