Bluemoon Angling Thread

Barbel. Reading Snorky's post I don't think there'd be much chance of my catching a salmon even if I had the experience.

I almost don't want to meet them. I understand Eric Morecambe was a right miserable bugger if you met him on the banks of the Lune. Not that I blame him.

Barbel. Reading Snorky's post I don't think there'd be much chance of my catching a salmon even if I had the experience.

I almost don't want to meet them. I understand Eric Morecambe was a right miserable bugger if you met him on the banks of the Lune. Not that I blame him.
Good luck. Let us know how you get on.
My one Barbel fishing experience in 50 years was on the Wye near Ross. I had three to 10lb plus some nice Chub. Fantastic experience.

A quick update: I got on a run of blanks. I think the perch in my local canal system might have migrated to the river to feed on crayfish because I can find them anywhere. Last Thursday, in hot weather, I went to try a new water on the PAAS card, Ogden Reservoir in the Pennines, with the ultra lite lure gear. The water was crystal clear and the weather bright so I didn’t fancy my chances but in a couple of hours I got one spectacular follow from a beautiful big fish right to my feet. I quite liked the water and will revisit. On Friday I met a mate on an another Reservoir in the area. The wind was like a hurricane, totally awful. I couldn’t get a bite on worm or lure and gave it up after about 3 hours. That probably made about 5 blanks on the trot, and including an afternoon stalking carp unsuccessfully.

yesterday I had a quick hour on a short canal stretch near my house and finally managed two Jack pike. Still can’t find the perch, though, and I’m really missing the barbel.

A quick update: I got on a run of blanks. I think the perch in my local canal system might have migrated to the river to feed on crayfish because I can find them anywhere. Last Thursday, in hot weather, I went to try a new water on the PAAS card, Ogden Reservoir in the Pennines, with the ultra lite lure gear. The water was crystal clear and the weather bright so I didn’t fancy my chances but in a couple of hours I got one spectacular follow from a beautiful big fish right to my feet. I quite liked the water and will revisit. On Friday I met a mate on an another Reservoir in the area. The wind was like a hurricane, totally awful. I couldn’t get a bite on worm or lure and gave it up after about 3 hours. That probably made about 5 blanks on the trot, and including an afternoon stalking carp unsuccessfully.

yesterday I had a quick hour on a short canal stretch near my house and finally managed two Jack pike. Still can’t find the perch, though, and I’m really missing the barbel.

You want a real run of blanks mate? Join me salmon fishing the Wye! :)

I had a moments excitement yesterday with a good take in a known salmon lie, turned out to be a bloody big chub!

You want a real run of blanks mate? Join me salmon fishing the Wye! :)

I had a moments excitement yesterday with a good take in a known salmon lie, turned out to be a bloody big chub!
Maybe the salmon can see you look like Benny Hill's ugly brother and put off from taking your fly ?

I suggest fishing in a Burqa mate. And maybe(just maybe) you may start catching salmon again; )

Maybe the salmon can see you look like Benny Hill's ugly brother and put off from taking your fly ?

I suggest fishing in a Burqa mate. And maybe(just maybe) you may start catching salmon again; )
No mate. I have heard of fishing in a bivvy.

But you wouldn't fit, fatboy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.