Bluemoon Angling Thread

I'm on Lymn dam today pike fishing. No runs yet but I'll give it another hour. I'm getting to be quite a blanking expert at this malarkey: )
Any pike round here are coming out covered in leeches - lazy cunts obviously not moving very far so unless you are in the right spot. I like what you said about 'blanking gear' - I've got a groundbait bowl and some 8lb maxima that I swear have mysterious fish repellent properties.

Happy new year all , cant be any worse can it. New Years Resolution is to buy a centrepin and learn to trot. Any recommendations welcome.

I seem to remember DD recommended an Okuma. I've got a J W Young & Sons Y2000 Heritage but it was a gift from the lads I fish with on my 60th and is really too good to use.

These days I'm more inclined to trot with an Abu 506 closed face reel which sort of gives the best of both worlds.

I seem to remember DD recommended an Okuma. I've got a J W Young & Sons Y2000 Heritage but it was a gift from the lads I fish with on my 60th and is really too good to use.

These days I'm more inclined to trot with an Abu 506 closed face reel which sort of gives the best of both worlds.
The okuma is great. For a true entry level that works and doesn't break the bank have a look at the TF gear classic. About 50 quid on eBay, nowhere near the okuma or top end stuff, but if like me you only use it a couple of times a year it's fine with some 5lb float fishing line on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.