Bluemoon Angling Thread

I've caught those spiny catfish from Extremadura region near Portuguese border. The ones I caught only weighed a couple of pounds but their first run was mental. Was getting cracked off on 10lb fluorocarbon, probably due to bony mouths chafing the line..... Did the ones you caught make a croaking noise? These did.
I believe they may have been frogs

No, we're after barbel and carp. Haven't managed a barbel over 6lbs in 10 years of trying. Most big ones seem to come out of the more northerly rivers. Either way, I'm sitting in the sun, having a super bock and thinking "this is our year". May it be true for all of us
I had one days Barbel fishing on the wye just upstream from Ross a year ago. I managed a 10Ib er so count myself very lucky. It was my first Barbel fishing trip in almost 50 years.

I've caught those spiny catfish from Extremadura region near Portuguese border. The ones I caught only weighed a couple of pounds but their first run was mental. Was getting cracked off on 10lb fluorocarbon, probably due to bony mouths chafing the line..... Did the ones you caught make a croaking noise? These did.

Ha ha ! Yes. They grunted "wanker" at the poor sap trying to unhook them. We were near Elvas sitting in Portugal casting into Spain.

That's the salmon season on the Wye finished.
The worst season on record I believe.
WUF and NRW, shame on you.

Quick update from me. I've had maybe 3-4 lure short fishing trips over the last fortnight. Lots of small perch and a good one of 1lb 8oz. Also had a pike on that same trip. the last two sessions have been blank as the water is cooling and getting coloured. Pike/grayling season now for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.