Bluemoon C-V Fitness thread

Other side of Rochdale so a bit of a trek for you, not sure if he’s currently still doing them but I can put you in touch with him if you wish.
Get yourself on the Salford quays Tri if it goes ahead next year, only sprint distance and the next one up.
1.5k swim
28 mile bike
10k run.
All done around the quays.
Thanks mate - going to look at finding one locally. Since I’ve started doing my own mini triathlons I’ve got a lot of respect for people who compete. I did one on weds and finished with just a 5km run and my legs were like lead and my time was well down from what I’d normally run a fast 5km in. (That’s why I need to stop swimming breast stroke as there’s too much strain on the legs vs front crawl I’d imagine)

Thanks mate - going to look at finding one locally. Since I’ve started doing my own mini triathlons I’ve got a lot of respect for people who compete. I did one on weds and finished with just a 5km run and my legs were like lead and my time was well down from what I’d normally run a fast 5km in. (That’s why I need to stop swimming breast stroke as there’s too much strain on the legs vs front crawl I’d imagine)
It does plus you’ll get a stiff neck swimming like that then riding the bike. Keep doing the brick runs even over small distances just to get used to the feeling.

Int
it all boils down to calories in vs calories out.

if you put your body in a calorific deficit, you will lose weight. There are really good calculators online that determine your basal metabolic rate - your calorific needs through letting it know your body type, activity level etc.
diet is important but what I think is equally important if not more is regular exercise will improve your metabolism and then your body burns off more calories .

Giving this a bump. For those struggling I have got in the habit of doing 1km twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night and timing myself on a run/walk. Has made a big difference. I am 14 stone 1 today and at my heaviest 18 stone 2. Mind you did lose 2 with the old Covid!

playing 5 a side in two weeks as well.

At the moment I'm trying to reduce body fat and "tone up".

I typically do 3 to 4 hours of cardio a week on low impact equipment (rower, x- trainer and Watt Bike). I feel like I've hit my limit and not noticing any improvement im just at a healthy weight for my height and feel OK.

Should I be reducing the cardio and focusing more on HIIT training and including circuit type work outs (leg climb, press ups, lunges etc) in order to notice better results?

At the moment I'm trying to reduce body fat and "tone up".

I typically do 3 to 4 hours of cardio a week on low impact equipment (rower, x- trainer and Watt Bike). I feel like I've hit my limit and not noticing any improvement im just at a healthy weight for my height and feel OK.

Should I be reducing the cardio and focusing more on HIIT training and including circuit type work outs (leg climb, press ups, lunges etc) in order to notice better results?
Try CrossFit some people bash it on here , but I never felt so fit and body shape best it’s been

Currently training for my first half marathon (aged 60 and never ran until lockdown). Ran my longest run to date of 9 miles yesterday

I am sure there are a lot of professionals here who will answer the question. 3-4 hours of cardio a week sounds like a decent work out. I wish to say i train as much but at the moment i do exercises 2-3 times a week. If anyone has tips how to remove arm fat i would highly appreciate it.
You can't spot reduce fat.

I am sure there are a lot of professionals here who will answer the question. 3-4 hours of cardio a week sounds like a decent work out. I wish to say i train as much but at the moment i do exercises 2-3 times a week. If anyone has tips how to remove arm fat i would highly appreciate it.
Just focus on your diet if you want to lose weight/fat.

If you don't lift weights you could try a few arm exercises and take advantage of newbie gains for a couple of months maybe too?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.