Bluemoon Car Club

Deep Clean

- Use Autoglym Car Glass polish, its a liquid cream cleaner like CIF.
- Shake bottle well and pour a small amount (50p size drop) onto a sponge applicator or folded microfibre (MF) cloth and apply sparingly to dried glass in a circular motion, leaving a thin layer to haze dry (a few mins depending on temperature).
- Buff off the thin haze with a clean microfibre (MF) cloth, be careful not to apply too much as it can turn into a fine powder upon removal, and avoid getting it onto the surrounding rubber trims etc.

Cheap deep clean

- Use Bar Keepers friend (powder version) dab onto sponge applicator, wet with water (or pre-mix a small amount of powder with water to make a paste) and work it into the glass, leave for a minute max and rinse off, repeat if necessary.

- Or use a claybar (tear a blob and flatten into a small disc) apply plenty of lube (cheap detailer spray) to the surface and lightly work the glass with the clay, making quick passes across and up and down.
- Keep the glass lubricated at all times to avoid the bar from sticking to the glass surface.
- Inspect the clay disc as it will draw contaminants into it, and re-knead it into a fresh shape when dirty and go again until the clay glides with no resistance or dirt surfacing onto the material.

Finally inspect the glass, and spritz a glass cleaner (anything cheap from a supermarket, make sure its a clear solution, I prefer HG: Glass and mirror spray or Nilco Nilglass) and wipe off any residues with a clean MF cloth.

Your dried glass should be smooth to the touch when finished (clear of all contaminants) and will be easier to maintain with a cheap glass cleaner / white vinegar spray or Autoglym Fast Glass / Stoners Invisible glass cleaner.

Use Angelwax H2GO as a rain repellant (Rain-X on steroids) if you want to create a hydrophobic coating for your windscreen and other glass surfaces, so that any surface water will run off at low driving speeds, making cleaning easier the next time.
What a guy

Thanks for starting this thread OP. With having more time on my hands, I’m interested in giving my cars a proper detailing, so I get a show room feel both inside and out. Any pro tips will be greatly appreciated

Thanks for starting this thread OP. With having more time on my hands, I’m interested in giving my cars a proper detailing, so I get a show room feel both inside and out. Any pro tips will be greatly appreciated
Have a gander at this,
It involves @Two Gun Bob, who has recently come out as a cross dresser on the aldi thread, but dont let that put you off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.