Bluemooners. Would U let Hughes go or give him 1 more year?

He deserves the full summer with the arabs cash,hopefully then well start the season well and people will get off his back

Obviously on the flip if he spends £100 milllion and were bobbines till xmas then im sure hell be gone

I'd keep Hughes on.

Lets not forget last summer, Mark Hughes was the most wanted manager on these shores, He was reckoned to be pretty much a shoe in for Chelsea and it was only cos we moved fast enough that we were able to get him. He inherited a squad of players that he didn't like or know and so he's had to try and shape the squad the best he could until christmas (Owners money wasn't available until last day of summer window) and so he only had the Christmas window to work with, one that has always proved to be very hard to work in. And I think most people will agree that the majority of signings since then have improved the balance and look of the squad

I think that the squad will continue to look stronger throughout the summer and we will show a very marked improvement in the next season.

Only my view but tin hat on standby

Why should we give him another window to blow another £100m and us to be no better. His tactics are SHIT, His man-management is SHIT and i dont think he can attract top names. He may one day be a decent manager but isnt all this about city growing and improving and not about Mark Hughes growing and becoming a average manager one day. Lets try and get the top boys here now. What if Hughes blows another £100m and the owners say well we have ploughed a fortune in and there no better so fuck it (i know this prob wouldn happen but this is city ffs). Fuck giving him another year so he can fall out with more players buy Santa Cruz who is over - rated and us to have another wasted season!!! This is just my opinion.

Ill get my hat ready!!

I agree with the previous poster. Give Hughes the chance to build a squad over the summer but, if the team fails to gel by Xmas 2009, he should then be replaced...assuming a suitable manager is available.

dont know what he,s done i cant find it on here but im sure he,s guilty....give him 5 years

You don't win fuck all by changing manager all the time, as we have all experienced. Let's gace it, if one of the shots against the woodwork had gone in against SV Hamburg, we might have qualified for the semis. Under different circumstaces Bellamy and SWP would have been fit, and Hughes would have been the man to take us to our first major final since 1981. He has strengthened the squad piece by piece, and he is carrying out a long-term improvement of the team. If he doesn't get the chance to finish his job, then sack him now. Assuming that he isn't getting sacked because the owner has faith in him long-term, I would suggest we support him fully whilst he is in the job. OK, he is ex-utd,\ but then so was Law (he was city first though), Schmikes, Kidd, several others. Let it not go unnoticed, there is no love lost between Hughes and ferguson. Hughes always supports Chelsea over utd, and I think he would relish the opportunity to score a victory over ferguson, whether it is in nicking a potential transfer target (Ribery for example), or swiping Tevez from under his red nose, or becoming the City manager who actually competes with ferguson at the highest level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.