Bluemoon's Official Top 100 Books

I make no apogies for having The Davinci Code in my top 20.
I know many people like to mock it but as a story it really was an excellent page turner until the very end. I have an interest in hidden signs from the past and have always found the subject intriguing even if not completely convinced of the merit. I didn't go into this book expecting it to be anything more than a work of fiction but Brown managed to keep me on the hook throughout. I enjoy all his books, the secret is to not take them seriously.
Dracula is another great that deserves its place on any must read book list.
Not read the other three, seen the film Tinker Tailor which I thought was OK, but not enough to make me seek out the book.
It wasn’t in my 20, but I agree with you. I thought The Da Vinci code was a good read.

All the ideas for The DaVinci Code were taken from the investigative work The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail, published in the 1980s ?

I've read Dracula, it's a good read but didn't quite make my 20. For Tinker Tailor I only saw the classic TV series with Alec Guinness as Smiley, I have a couple of other Smiley novels by Le Carre but not that one.

I make no apogies for having The Davinci Code in my top 20.
I know many people like to mock it but as a story it really was an excellent page turner until the very end. I have an interest in hidden signs from the past and have always found the subject intriguing even if not completely convinced of the merit. I didn't go into this book expecting it to be anything more than a work of fiction but Brown managed to keep me on the hook throughout. I enjoy all his books, the secret is to not take them seriously.
Dracula is another great that deserves its place on any must read book list.
Not read the other three, seen the film Tinker Tailor which I thought was OK, but not enough to make me seek out the book.

I haven't read it, but I'd say you could make out the same sort of case for the Millenium Trilogy. Which, by the way, I expect to be in the top forty (one of them, anyway). They're a terrific read. They're so addictive, that when I was 100 pages or so from the end of the second, I found myself hunting down a bookshop in Ullapool (yes, Ullapool!) — there's only one — in order to be able to transition seamlessly to the third with no break.

Read Blood Meridian a few months ago. Straight into my top 10.
Supposedly unfilmable due to the unremitting brutality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.