Bluemoon's Official Top 100 Films

"JAWS" at Numero Uno, you heard it here first... Though "The Breakfast Club" and "Plaines Trains and Automobiles" would have also been my picks.

In America, this is where "Field of Dreams" would go, but as FoD is about baseball, magic and death, as opposed to prison, magic and death, we get Green Mile from our largely English set of contributors. Both good films though quite surprised to see this as high up as the top 20.

Wonderful film but as with Requiem for a Dream, I found it too emotionally draining to watch more than a few times.
Requiem I found incredibly bleak, but a great film and an even better soundtrack. Green Mile and the Fountain on the other hand, I found more uplifting.

1. Pulp Fiction.
2. The Godfather.
3. Goodfellas.

Voted none of them.
cRCyNRL.gif

Brilliant movie.
Best opening scene ever.
Great performances from Fonda,Bronson,Robards,Elam and Cardinale.
Elam fly scene brilliant.
Fonda as a baddie with those blue eyes.Brilliant.
Harmonica soundtrack.Brilliant.
In my top 20,gives me 7 in the 100.

Also one of the best final scenes ever......where the overhead camera follows the train arriving into the station. Just visually stunning.

Claudia Cardinale - what a beauty she was.

I expect Star Wars, The Godfather (part one or two) or The Shawshank Redemption to be at number one.

14. Green Mile 7/96

View attachment 4361

The Green Mile is a 1999 American fantasy drama film written and directed by Frank Darabont and based on Stephen King's 1996 novel of the same name. It stars Tom Hanks as a death row corrections officer during the Great Depression who witnesses supernatural events that occur after an enigmatic inmate (Michael Clarke Duncan) is brought to his facility. David Morse, Bonnie Hunt, Doug Hutchison and James Cromwell appear in supporting roles.

The film premiered on December 10, 1999, in the United States to positive reviews from critics, who praised its visual style and performances. It was a commercial success, grossing $286 million from its $60 million budget, and was nominated for four Academy Awards: Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor for Duncan, Best Sound and Best Adapted Screenplay.

Yay. I have another one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.