BlueTuesday Question:Has City cost you your job/relationship

It was claimed on my divorce papers that I cared more for football than my then wife, I could not deny this so the divorce was through 6 weeks later!!
Now married to a great girl who is also a big blue so things turned out well in the end!!!!

I lost my job back in September 1989 due to City but it was worth it. I'd left school and just started my first job. At the end of the first week, they said I had to work on Saturday all day. Problem was I'd not missed a home game for 4 or 5 years and we are to play United. As you can guess I had a terrible stomach ache that morning, which happened to clear up around 11am, went to match and we stuffed United 5-1 (Great game Lakey). Got in work on Monday where I was told if I couldn’t manage my first Saturday, there wasn’t much hope, collected my cards and had to explain to my parents, I was gutted at the time, looking back it was the best decision I ever made.

Was temping and got asked to do a weekend tried to explain I had already bought tickets for West Ham home match last season but was told I had to attend. nothing was mentioned for a week or two so match day got my wife to ring in sick for me. Anyway midway through the second half Elano had a shot that just went wide right near where I was sat in the North Stand my wife text and said HA HA seen u (later saw it on tv as Elano got up you could see me applauding) 5 mins later phone goes it was the agency was asked to ring them ASAP. I decided to leave it till the Monday seeing as I wasn't due in till 10am and when I did yes my consultant had seen me and rang in to tell her bosses and oh yes I was released from my contract. Took me 3 months to find a new job!!!

In 1996 I made the mistake of having a short relationship with a Lincoln City fan having no idea we were going to draw them in the League Cup several months later!

We then drew them in the League Cup away at Sincil Bank, and they beat us.

Following the midnight telephone call full of glee and gloating from the person in question, I put the phone down and that was that. Byeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
(alright, so I wasn't quite that polite but Lakey's is a family show and he won't want to hear what I really had to say...but it probably rhymed with "book off you prat")

Nearly! On the day of the takeover I was supposed to meet my girlfriend (now ex!) in town for a nice romantic night out. Of course as soon as the news started breaking I suddenly fell ill and couldn't make it out. Now naturally I was celebrating down my local, nothing wrong with that I thought, except her dad was in the same boozer with some of his mates. Luckily for me he had no idea I was supposed to be meeting his daughter that night, otherwise she would not have been too happy I'd imagine. No one is bigger than the club!

a few years ago, when i was going out with a lass, i always spent sunday with her, but on this one sunday, i wanted to go and watch city villa in the fa cup, she was not happy about it, dont know whats she doing now, in fact i dont know what she was doing on that sunday, but i knew what i was doing, watching city get a 1-1 draw at villa park

Got dumped by an ex a few years ago when we were playing Middlesbrough away on New Years Eve.

A night out with friends and family had been arranged, yet for some god foresaken reason, I sacked it off in favour of seeing the lads eke out a 0-0 draw in the freezing Smoggy weather. (why is it always cold in Middlesbrough)

I'd left my phone at home so I wouldnt be mithered during the game, and came back into the house, penniless and gf'less after deciding to go into Stockport for the new year celebrations when our train finally got back into Manchester.

I'd do it all again if I had to. City aways, cant be beaten

Hamann pineapple.
I thought that all the morons were on Uniteds board.
I've just learned otherwuise.

I should have qualified my post by saying that the ManU situation just helped things along as other issues were also involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.