BM Forum Adverts

I'm getting pop ups since this morning. You'd be on a BM page, then (without any prompting) the page would change. The latest is a Vodafone one. And hitting the back button won't work on it either. The url is showing a site as "eu.market watchjpm.xyz" followed by a load of random letters and numbers. Only on my laptop though, not on my mobile. Both of them are VF, running on the same WiFi in the house.

Did a full Windows Defender scan, and uncovered 1 threat. A "HackTool". Removed that, but still no joy. Thank fuck for mobiles.

Capture.png

I'm getting pop ups since this morning. You'd be on a BM page, then (without any prompting) the page would change. The latest is a Vodafone one. And hitting the back button won't work on it either. The url is showing a site as "eu.market watchjpm.xyz" followed by a load of random letters and numbers. Only on my laptop though, not on my mobile. Both of them are VF, running on the same WiFi in the house.

Did a full Windows Defender scan, and uncovered 1 threat. A "HackTool". Removed that, but still no joy. Thank fuck for mobiles.
Open up a blank tab, close all existing ones, clear your full browsing history, close down the browser and restart it.

@Ric, I turned off the Adblocker when you posted it'd been fixed and there's been no resumption. It was a particularly aggressive pop up though.

Mate, your pc is obviously chock full of filth. Burn it and go back to magazines for a bit.
How dare you? How very, very dare you? I'll have you know I'm from good Irish Catholic stock, and I wouldn't dream of looking at said filth. Now; your penance for your terrible insinuation is to recite 5 Our Fathers, 5 Hail Marys and a decade of the rosary. All while kneeling on a sweeping brush handle. And with your arms outstretched horizontally to your side, and with an Argos catalogue on each palm. Get to it.

Open up a blank tab, close all existing ones, clear your full browsing history, close down the browser and restart it.

@Ric, I turned off the Adblocker when you posted it'd been fixed and there's been no resumption. It was a particularly aggressive pop up though.
I was out during the afternoon, so couldn't act on your advice. When I got back in the house, I had a quick look and it seemed to be stable. However, I did as you advised. And turned adblocker on, even though the gaffer prefers otherwise. So far, so good.

Killing Tapatalk has me stuck using mobile view and the ads are killing me. Any hope of a paid option to remove ads? I’d happily pay a subscription to BM to not have all these ads

Killing Tapatalk has me stuck using mobile view and the ads are killing me. Any hope of a paid option to remove ads? I’d happily pay a subscription to BM to not have all these ads
I've never used tapatalk as I'm not on enough forums to bother with it but I totally agree about having a voluntary paid option as an alternative to the ads which are a pain in the backside. When on my laptop I use adblocker on lots of sites to avoid ads including this one when they become intrusive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.