BM Forum Adverts

Discussion in 'Technical queries' started by valleyblue, 13 Jul 2019.

1. Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese

Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese

Team supported:
    FC Zurich (and city of course)
    Same here mate, I'm on about my tenth user name - no sense of humour these mods ;-)

Bill likes this.
  2. I loved you as Banned Tosspot ;-)

Bigg Bigg Blue likes this.
  3. jimharri

jimharri

I'm getting pop ups since this morning. You'd be on a BM page, then (without any prompting) the page would change. The latest is a Vodafone one. And hitting the back button won't work on it either. The url is showing a site as "eu.market watchjpm.xyz" followed by a load of random letters and numbers. Only on my laptop though, not on my mobile. Both of them are VF, running on the same WiFi in the house.

Did a full Windows Defender scan, and uncovered 1 threat. A "HackTool". Removed that, but still no joy. Thank fuck for mobiles.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. jimharri

jimharri

5. Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese

Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese

Team supported:
    FC Zurich (and city of course)
    Mate, your pc is obviously chock full of filth. Burn it and go back to magazines for a bit.

6. Centurions

Centurions

Open up a blank tab, close all existing ones, clear your full browsing history, close down the browser and restart it.

@Ric, I turned off the Adblocker when you posted it'd been fixed and there's been no resumption. It was a particularly aggressive pop up though.

7. jimharri

jimharri

How dare you? How very, very dare you? I'll have you know I'm from good Irish Catholic stock, and I wouldn't dream of looking at said filth. Now; your penance for your terrible insinuation is to recite 5 Our Fathers, 5 Hail Marys and a decade of the rosary. All while kneeling on a sweeping brush handle. And with your arms outstretched horizontally to your side, and with an Argos catalogue on each palm. Get to it.

8. jimharri

jimharri

I was out during the afternoon, so couldn't act on your advice. When I got back in the house, I had a quick look and it seemed to be stable. However, I did as you advised. And turned adblocker on, even though the gaffer prefers otherwise. So far, so good.