"Boateng isn't a right back'

de niro said:
he had a great game there, we are very lucky to have these players, they all seem so assured,so confident.

like it.

Let's hope they do the business next week at spuds eh..

ps. Anyone notice his throw in yesterday ? hardly an effort to get it to the pen spot. :)
And he didnt have a towel to wipe the ball.

samharris said:
de niro said:
he had a great game there, we are very lucky to have these players, they all seem so assured,so confident.

like it.

ps. Anyone notice his throw in yesterday ? hardly an effort to get it to the pen spot. :)

Yeah loving the throwins

What I like about our squad now is that usually when we are bringing on a sub, we can nearly all say who the change is going to be, but now with the talent on the bench and versatility of the squad, Mancini can keep us and other Managers guessing.

Mancini's tactical know how will be a big part this season!!!

I CANT WAIT (drooling at the thought of the season ahead)

samharris said:
de niro said:

like it.

Yeah, flatter and quicker and we might have ourselves a little surprise for some teams!

BlueHubert said:
samharris said:

Yeah, flatter and quicker and we might have ourselves a little surprise for some teams!

With our height and that throw we now have a corner anytime we get throw in around penalty area, all be it when Boateng plays RB.

Just made this point in Billy's thread i think Boateng needs to play right back the quality of that delivery for Barry's opener was awesome and we would not got the same from Micah.

MadchesterCity said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
The lad is just a class defender anywhere across the back, but even though he set the goal up with that superb run and cross, when at right back, I think the whole defence looked better and more assured when he was in the centre. Against Spurs, I'd like to see us play with exactly the same back four that started yesterday.
On a side note, I watched it on ESPN yesterday, and the commentators were drooling about our versatility, and there right, we seem to have so many players that can play in different positions and different systems, they couldn't get over the size of our players either, we've got some massive units here now.

So true, he looks like a superb defender.

Hope he starts at Centre half and Micah at right back.

ESPN were drooling and after having previously slated Craig Burley on his anti-City commentary I would have to say he was very fair last night.

The class thing in the commentary last night was when Craig Burley said to the other guy "right enough that we have a great game in front of and I sure the City fans only want to hear about this game!". He has never said anything like that before.

As for the Boateng/Richards conundrum last night the really great thing was that they were swapping positions with ease and that was something I would never think Richards had to the brain to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.