Boateng: The Weak Link

soory but i tend to agree with the majority on here was very good for us tonight. cannot think of any of our players who had a bad game.

did alrite, but one thing i hate about him...

doesn't close down, backs off, doesn't get within 5 yards of the man.

townsend repeatedly picked up on this on the highlights show.

he annoys me with it, just doesn't close down, it's gonna cost us, villa nearly scored tonight cause he did it again.

oh and for a big lad, he's a shithouse.

There has been a huge media wankfest over Smalling in recent weeks after a couple of decent games, but Chelsea ruthlessly exposed his limitations on Tuesday night.
Played in his proper position, like tonight, J-Bo is on a different planet to him as a player. And they cost about the same.
Not the finished article, but oozes potential and has incredible experience under his belt for such a young player. Young, still in his first, injury hit season in a new team in a new country, and has been used in three different positions.
He will only get better and better and could be a huge player for us for years to come.
There have already been rumours in the press last week that Real Madrid are keeping an eye on him.

clearly a good player....

my only issue with boateng is that he seems a bit casual at times and isnt anywhere near aggressive enough

at right back, for me richards is still the better player....and at centre half id rather have kompany lescott or kolo over boateng

i do think boateng has the potential but it might take him a while to get there....i think he is a plyer for the future and that is why RM brought him in

simon23 said:
clearly a good player....

my only issue with boateng is that he seems a bit casual at times and isnt anywhere near aggressive enough

at right back, for me richards is still the better player....and at centre half id rather have kompany lescott or kolo over boateng

i do think boateng has the potential but it might take him a while to get there....i think he is a plyer for the future and that is why RM brought him in
On balance, I think he gets the aggression level while playing CB about right as he's often in the penalty area when he's defending. Don't want silly penalties. I think he could turn it up a notch, but hopefully that develops over time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.