bob out mart in?

de niro said:
Cambridgeblue said:
Epic, epic fail...

Let's stick by our manager for ONCE in the last god knows how many years.

MON is over-rated in my opinion - Mourinho is a good manager with a high profile in world football but he can play dull football. Don't get me wrong I want our club to be successful but I also want us to play entertaining football

ok then why did'nt we stick with sparky?

because we wouldn't have had a chance at 4th and he bought poorly and wasn't a proven manager like Mancini, same as O'Neill really, all he'd do is bring back Dunne, give us Collins and Heskey and we'd be just like Villa, not good enough.

I said Martin O' or Hughes when Sven got the chop.

We have a different budget now so he would not be first choice.

I too respect O'Neill especially after his work in Celtic and Villa... he has a keen eye for players and is good at setting his teams up well... but he for me isnt in the same level as Mancini... mainly because we are ahead of villa in the league... which tells me we have a better manager here already... and because of attraction value... Mancini will have the attraction value to get worlld renown players in while Oneill hasnt the same pulling power... so for me it would be a step back...

Corky said:
I said Martin O' or Hughes when Sven got the chop.

We have a different budget now so he would not be first choice.

exactly, if we had any other owner than the Sheikh and had to have a budget then O'Neill would have been ideal.

As it is we need a world class manager with the ability to sign world class players and is proven in doing so, Mancini ticks all the boxes.

de niro said:
Cambridgeblue said:
Epic, epic fail...

MON is over-rated in my opinion - Mourinho is a good manager with a high profile in world football but he can play dull football. Don't get me wrong I want our club to be successful but I also want us to play entertaining football

Pick any one from 2

He was shit
He could not manage a carpet shop

Choice is yours Bill
;0))

de niro said:
Cambridgeblue said:
Epic, epic fail...

Beats me - I think he was undermined well before his sacking was actually announced. We'll never know what we would have achieved had he stayed... you also have to admit that his buys have been (with the exception of RSC) excellent. Even Adam Johnson was probably a Hughes target

Given
Bellamy
Bridge
Tevez
Kompany
De Jong
Adebayor
Johnson
Lescott
Toure
Barry

Changing coaches all the time means high player turnover which means more and more wasted money. Each coach that comes in has his own ideas about how he wants to play an what type of players he needs to accomplish that. Those players that remain can't function at their best because they are constantly adapting to new formations and tactics and having to deal with repeated changes in personnel - something that is especially destructive when it comes to defence as a settled back four is crucial to build stability.

If I`m right, dosen`t de nero have a carpet shop or summat? can`t a couple of you go down to his shop and pretend to be interested in some shagpile for a few hours to stop him posting silly suggestions on here, please

I haven't got time to read all the posts as I shall be leaving for Burnley shortly but I will say NO, NO, NO, A MILLION TIMES NO. Let O'Neill stay either where he is or wherever else he wants to go but NOT to City.

Let us just for once stick with a manager for more than one or two seasons, let's keep Roberto for at least three and a half years! Just my humble opinion.

So this is just another Hughes supporters club thread then.

Despite all the evidence that Mancini is much better there are some who will never accept him over Hughes and so will promote anyone in order to try and undermine his position.

Oneil is better than Hughes but not in the same league as Mancio

Gelsons Dad said:
So this is just another Hughes supporters club thread then.

Despite all the evidence that Mancini is much better there are some who will never accept him over Hughes and so will promote anyone in order to try and undermine his position.

Oneil is better than Hughes but not in the same league as Mancio

Bill is a master of the wind ups though, he is as good at that as Hughes is at managing Man City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.