Bob Taylor - Interview

n_mcfc

Interesting to hear about his time at City and how hard his family found it. Never was his biggest fan but he comes across well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVzoMVJMTCk[/youtube]

Haha i remember Bob, City only signed him because he scored against us at Wembley!

Never minded Robert Taylor, scored the goal against Brum i think the game before the Blackburn 4-1. Was worth £1.5m alone that goal for where it got us for a season.

mancmackem said:
Never minded Robert Taylor, scored the goal against Brum i think the game before the Blackburn 4-1. Was worth £1.5m alone that goal for where it got us for a season.

Yep - remember thinking exactly that ...... Wigan 1-0????

scored a couple of vital goals, forest away and brum at home spring to mind. might not have been a breathtaking signing like we have now but we should never forget where we come from. royle had virtually no money to spend yet he took us back to the premier league by making us play with raw passion. every player played for the shirt. prior was another vital signing that season imo.

1961_vintage said:
Heart never in it but still took the wages. Cheers.

That's unfair. He had injury problems through his time with us, but scored a couple of vital goals to help us get to the Prem and we then sold him that summer to Wolves for a five hundred grand profit on what he paid.

Wolves, for whom he played only 15 games in over two years and never scored, have cause to slag him off. We don't.

Never had anything against Fat Bob. Wasn't the best but wasn't the worst I've seen. Spent a bit of time talking to him at Maine Road once, really sociable and had time to speak to fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.