Bob Taylor - Interview

davymcfc said:
scored a couple of vital goals, forest away and brum at home spring to mind. might not have been a breathtaking signing like we have now but we should never forget where we come from. royle had virtually no money to spend yet he took us back to the premier league by making us play with raw passion. every player played for the shirt. prior was another vital signing that season imo.
Spencer Prior was talking to my brother in law recently and said a new manager had just been appointed at City and told the team that he wanted to re-arrange the defence.When Spencer asked him where he wanted him to play,the manager said, "At another club".

anymore than 2sheiks said:
davymcfc said:
scored a couple of vital goals, forest away and brum at home spring to mind. might not have been a breathtaking signing like we have now but we should never forget where we come from. royle had virtually no money to spend yet he took us back to the premier league by making us play with raw passion. every player played for the shirt. prior was another vital signing that season imo.
Spencer Prior was talking to my brother in law recently and said a new manager had just been appointed at City and told the team that he wanted to re-arrange the defence.When Spencer asked him where he wanted him to play,the manager said, "At another club".
That would have to be KK?

1961_vintage said:
Heart never in it but still took the wages. Cheers.

Tried harder than some others i can remember... Never classy but knew where the back of the net was!!

I thought he was (until the bonkers last ten mins of course) the best man on the pitch at the play off final. For a big lad he had good feet and an intelligent football brain. Reminded me of a lumpier Steve Claridge. Good player i liked him. Unlucky with injuries at our place,

Dyed Petya said:
1961_vintage said:
Heart never in it but still took the wages. Cheers.

That's unfair. He had injury problems through his time with us, but scored a couple of vital goals to help us get to the Prem and we then sold him that summer to Wolves for a five hundred grand profit on what he paid.

Wolves, for whom he played only 15 games in over two years and never scored, have cause to slag him off. We don't.

not surprised he had injury problems sat in a car 8hours a day cant be good for the muscles,silly fcker

Ledge. Hough End, some place in Essex or Maine Road- a bloke who knew how to put it past a keeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.