Bobb injured in training | Fractured leg confirmed (p 5)

Poor Oscar.

Best player for the best club in England in preseason and this is his reward.

I hope you recover quickly (but aren’t rushed back)!

I’m more worried about if it’ll have any lasting effects. I know medicine has come on a lot, but breaks early in players careers can haunt them and effect their pace etc when they return

if the last part is true, i shattered every bone in my ankle by falling in one direction and my ankle being stuck in another. not saying this happened to bob obviously.

if it’s a “simple” fracture no surgery needed.

if surgery is needed they either do it right away (they did it to me) or have to wait due to swelling.

i was not able to use crutches i was in a wheelchair before the surgery.

I’m more worried about if it’ll have any lasting effects. I know medicine has come on a lot, but breaks early in players careers can haunt them and effect their pace etc when they return

These days, the worst thing IMO is full hamstring tears. They never heal right and the player never has confidence in their pace again.

Ligaments are still up there because although ACL repairs have come on loads in 20 years, you’re still looking at 2 years before you get your old player back, and they might be different forever (ie Gundogan) - but that doesn’t mean bad, just different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.