Bobble hats....

In the original stage production of Comedians by Trevor Griffiths, of the two brothers, Ged and Phil Murray, one of them is a big blue, and has a bloody great rattle on stage which he makes a hell of a row with. I never saw it, but I know it was first performed at the Nottingham Playhouse. I saw it a few years later, in London.
A fine play, by the way. Griffiths is I think a lifelong blue — born and grew up in Ancoats, anyway. I wrote to him two eyears back, but he never replied. He's pretty elderly now, it has to be said. I had an idea for doing a play, or short tv series, about the Lancashire cotton strike during the American Civil War. I still think it's a good idea, and I'm certain it's never been done.
I'd watch that. Try writing to Maxine Peake, she'd be reet for summat laik that. Although I didn't like the Peterloo film she was in.

I've still got my rattle from the 60's decorated with City programme heads.
First rattle was a single but soon moved up to the double. Remember arriving back at Victoria from away grounds, very noisy in the tunnel which was there then.
First memory of a rosette was wearing my Dads from the 55 cup final when the team came passed our house on Kingsway on an open top bus. My Dad shouted a greeting to Jimmy Meadows who missed the final after breaking his leg.
Happy memories.
Nearly time to get sorted for the game tonight, a pint in the York Station Tap before the train.

im still looking for a half and half city/celtic bobble hat...if anyone sells one or can tell me where can i buy one on ebay or another seller ,please pm....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.