Bob's Top Tip On The Great Hughes Debate

BobKowalski

In the spirit of bringing us all together and reaching out to the other side here is Bob's Top Tip for those who want to see Hughes remain as manager and wish to argue his case:

1) AF was not in danger of the sack in his first season and the fans were not demanding his head. Letters such as that penned by Mr. Barrington-Smyth to the Surrey Advertiser and Mr. RJ Singh to the Singapore Times applauding AF for his excellent first season and achievement in finishing runners-up are testament to this fact.

Bob's Top Tip: Please refrain from using the AF defence. Or if you do please get your facts right. This also applies to the lesser used defence viz The Moyes Gambit (15th to 7th - having steered them to 15th when he arrived mid season) and the O'Neill Switch (16th to 11th). As you will note this compares favourably to the Hughes Sacrifice (9th to 10th)

Addendum: I am aware Rome was not built in a day. If ever I am approached to build Rome you can rest assured that this fact will be the cornerstone of my How Long does It Take To Build Rome? text book on the matter.

Thank you for listening to Bob's Top Tip and I am now off to watch the remake of Brewsters Millions artfully retitled as Manchester City Season 08/09 Review. It is a hilarious tale of a provincial football manager thrust unwittingly into the big time and tasked with the duty of wasting untold millions of pounds to achieve mid table mediocrity via ignominious cup exits whilst at all times insisting he is doing a great job and knows what he is doing. Its BARFTA winning comedy in my opinion.

One more Hughes Out thread to add to the list. Though full marks for the witty and inovative disguise you gave it ;)

disguise.jpg

Your points actually aren't as ridiculous as they sound. Hughes has had a season, and plenty of money, and hes failed in my opinion. You dont finish 10th with a team like that, unless your tactics are wrong.

bluemanc said:
I've already read your other usenames take on things so i'll give this a miss,bet it's good though.

Thank you. However I do not have any other user names. And if I did I kind of think I would avoid the 'ski' at the end as its a bit of a give away don't you think? :)

Just a quick update for future reference.

I actually DID research as to the imponderable question of Rome Not Being Built In A Day... and actually wishing to know how long it did actually take.

Most references of the time suggest that the building of Rome took 144 years. So the mythology claims.

Only 143 to go then...

Soulboy said:

I actually DID research as to the imponderable question of Rome Not Being Built In A Day... and actually wishing to know how long it did actually take.

Most references of the time suggest that the building of Rome took 144 years. So the mythology claims.

Only 143 to go then...

Lets see how its looking in a year then eh...

PBLZ129 said:
Soulboy said:

Only 143 to go then...

Lets see how its looking in a year then eh...

Ah, but you see, I already know Hughes will never bring us the success we aspire to and I don't see any point in wasting another year to find that out.

Presumably you can afford to waste a year of your life, unfortunately, I don't.

clearly a southerner ,pronouncing BAFTA as BARFTA, did you fall about with LARFTA calling hughes a DISARSTER

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.