Boddingtons Bitter

I just couldn’t get the, “it gave me a hangover”.
I started drinking in the mid 70s and it was the best pint by far and never gave me a hangover. Decently brewed beer shouldn’t give you a hangover, it’s the chemicals they put in today’s shite that does.
Same here, German beer is brewed under purity laws and no additives and it’s generally very good beer.

My first ever pint was Boddies.

I had 4 pints in an ‘old fella’s pub’ with 3 of my mates aged 14 and was pissed as a fart and was sick about 6 times on the way home.

Fucking brilliant.

Great pints in the Railway in Broadheath and the Grapes in Alty. I seem to remember the Victoia in Alty was a good pint but strangely could never find it on a friday night. The Grapes sadly is not there anymore, not sure about the Railway.
First pint I had was in the Railway, was 14/15. We stood our bikes up outside and sauntered in, "Pint of beer please " the landlord just raised his eyes......30p a pint.

Iirc the pub in Chicago was Boddingtons branded rather than just serving it which seemed unusual. Maybe it's not.
Hmmm, not familiar with that particular place, but then I’m not in the city that much. I live NNW of the airport, which is annexed land on the far west side of the city.

ancoats lad. the little bar next door to gullivers on Oldham road. now selling boddies at £3.00 a pint.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.