Boj on way out?

mattyctid

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/05/20/1275953/manchester-city-striker-valeri-bojinov-i-could-return-to-serie-a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/20 ... to-serie-a</a>

Manchester City striker Valeri Bojinov admits one of his desires is to return to Serie A in the future, claiming there is interest from the peninsula.

The Citizens hitman spent five years in Serie A from 2002-2007, during which time he played for Lecce, Fiorentina and Juventus. He joined City two years ago but he has been plagued by injury.

Bojinov scored for City in the 2-1 loss to Tottenham Hotspur last weekend and he has revealed he wouldn't mind heading back to Serie A. The striker admits that there is interest from Italy, but he is keeping quiet.

"I'm still young and have many desires," Bojinov told Sky Sport Italia.

"I will not hide the fact that I would like to return to Italy. Where? I don't know precisely.

"The important thing for me is that I am well. There is a sporting director who has always stayed close to me over the years when I was injured. He always calls me and he believes in me, but I will not say any names.

"He has even come here to see me. He knows who he is, but I cannot reveal his name.

"If there is something then everyone will know about it."

The player's contract with City expires in 2011.

Hope not as i think this guy could go on to prove very special indeed!

Ive read an interview that because he moved to Italy, on his own without his parents, at 12 years old and lived, married and had children there after 10 years of living there that he will want to end his career there and live there for the rest of his life! But right now he is in the Prem (the best league in the world) and is at the club with the most potential in the Prem and wants to make a name for himself here and establish himself as a top player! He's only 23!

He took his goal very well at Spurs but we havent even seen Valeri Bojinov yet! Heres hoping the lad can stay injury free and establish himself as he wants! Go on lad!

We need a song for Boj.

This is rather obvious, and i'm surprised that no-one has thought of it before (apologies to anyone that has!), but I suggest something to the tune of 'Valerie' by the Zutons (not the slightly funkier, although in my opinion inferior Winehouse/Ronson version).

To get the ball rolling, how about;

Why can't you stay injury free....

Valerie...

Dum dum der-der-der dum

etc etc etc

Com on bluemoon bards, get your thinking caps on.

And hopefully this will see the light of day, instead of sounding great on Bluemoon, but never having been sung by anyone at COMS, like most of the songs that we come up with on here.

Only a few weeks ago Bojinov was saying that his desire is to be City's 'Rooney', i wouldn't read anything into twisted quotes from a translated article.
It is obvious that he feels he still has something to finish in Italy or he sees Italy as his football home, but I still see 5+ years of Prem football out of him if he stays fit.
If we get our act together and become a world class outfit why would he want to leave?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.