Bojinov pays penalty for shoving team mate aside

unexpected item

Team supported
Manchester City
Portugal's Sporting look set to punish their forward Valeri Bojinov after the Bulgarian shoved a team mate aside to take an injury-time penalty, which he missed.
"Taking into account what happened at the end of the match, Sporting's management has decided to initiate disciplinary proceedings against Bojinov," the club said in a statement after Thursday's 1-1 home Cup draw with lower-tier side Moreirense.
After the penalty was awarded, Bojinov held the ball with one hand and with the other pushed team mate Matias Fernandez, Sporting's usual penalty-taker, when the Chilean asked him for the ball.
Sporting fans immediately booed and Bojinov's decisive spotkick was saved.
The 25-year-old arrived at Sporting in the close season from Serie A's Parma but has rarely featured as he struggles to compete with Dutch striker Ricky van Wolfswinkel and Peruvian Andre Carrillo.
"I was a bit confused about what was going on," grinning Moreirense keeper Ricardo Ribeiro told reporters. "I saw some pushing and shoving and then things calmed down. But that increased the pressure on Bojinov and gave me an opportunity to shine."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4wwKB2c3qc[/youtube]

As a Bulgarian i want to appologise to all Portugesse fans for the behaviour of this **** Bojinov.He is a real shame for our country and most of us Bulgarians we are not like this moron.We hope you start boo this idiot every match till he leaves Portugal and finally arrive in the team which suits him the most-the Euroidiots in Europe a.k.a Levski (Sofia)!

Top youtube comment. Wow talk about touchy! He had bags of potential playing for Juve when he was like 19? Shame about him.

unexpected item said:
Portugal's Sporting look set to punish their forward Valeri Bojinov after the Bulgarian shoved a team mate aside to take an injury-time penalty, which he missed.
"Taking into account what happened at the end of the match, Sporting's management has decided to initiate disciplinary proceedings against Bojinov," the club said in a statement after Thursday's 1-1 home Cup draw with lower-tier side Moreirense.
After the penalty was awarded, Bojinov held the ball with one hand and with the other pushed team mate Matias Fernandez, Sporting's usual penalty-taker, when the Chilean asked him for the ball.
Sporting fans immediately booed and Bojinov's decisive spotkick was saved.
The 25-year-old arrived at Sporting in the close season from Serie A's Parma but has rarely featured as he struggles to compete with Dutch striker Ricky van Wolfswinkel and Peruvian Andre Carrillo.
"I was a bit confused about what was going on," grinning Moreirense keeper Ricardo Ribeiro told reporters. "I saw some pushing and shoving and then things calmed down. But that increased the pressure on Bojinov and gave me an opportunity to shine."

We got to sign this guy!

We could nickname him Dogs Knob

What a total prick. I could understand it if they were 3 up at that late point in the match and he needed a goal to complete a hat trick, but to show complete disregard for the state of the match? He deserves any abuse that he's going to get from the Sporting fans.

I don't quite understand the hate. Bojinov was taking the pen, his team mate came up to him to steal the pen and Bojinov rightly told him where to go? Am i missing something!

Only because he missed are people making a big deal about it.

Question to anyone who follows Sporting, is he the usual penalty taker this season?

The answer is in the story. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.