Bolton (sold to Football Ventures)

And fans most likely wont bother this season either so how can the club be sustainable if crowds of 5000 that turned up the other week continue?

and when it isn't there will be another huge outcry about how it is so wrong. The one thing that does piss me off is the points deduction. If a Chairman put his club into administration, wiped the debts out and then simply tweaked the name of the club and carried on as if nothing had happened , then yes, deduct points but all it does in this instance is punish the new owners. The League are almost wishing them to fold.

and when it isn't there will be another huge outcry about how it is so wrong. The one thing that does piss me off is the points deduction. If a Chairman put his club into administration, wiped the debts out and then simply tweaked the name of the club and carried on as if nothing had happened , then yes, deduct points but all it does in this instance is punish the new owners. The League are almost wishing them to fold.

The points deduction punishment has always seemed overly harsh to me anyway. A club goes into administration meaning it needs money or a new owner, but giving them a points deduction immediately makes them less enticing for anyone to buy as it usually means relegation and all the financial losses that incurs.

The points deduction punishment has always seemed overly harsh to me anyway. A club goes into administration meaning it needs money or a new owner, but giving them a points deduction immediately makes them less enticing for anyone to buy as it usually means relegation and all the financial losses that incurs.

Agree with this and the post above apart from then what could happen is (for a totally random name, lets call the owner Mr Dale) the owner (Mr Dale) puts the club into administration to avoid paying the millions of debt and says "I am selling the club so don't dock the club points...." And then a few days later he sells the club to (again plucking some completely random scenario her) a Mr Richards and the League approve it and the club are now debt free with a new owner and no points deducted.....
But wait!!!!
A few days later news comes out that Mr Richards is shacked up in a house with Mr Dale's daughter in (again some totally random district) Chadderton.....

Too far fetched? See the Bury thread!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.