Bolton (sold to Football Ventures)

The administrators have unilaterally called off tomorrow's league game with Doncaster without consulting either the EFL or Doncaster. They are citing overplaying youth players but I reckon it could the end for them.
They could merge with Bury and form a new South Lancs club called - Burton Wanderers. That would be a sensible think to do,but the inbred wankers from both teams would kibosh it.
(Next season will have a new fixture- Burton Albion Vs, Burton Wanderers.(You saw it here first).

Don't forget about the unpaid creditors in this major fuck up. There will be a lot of small local businesses who supply goods and services to BWFC who will be lucky to receive 10p in the pound on the money they are owed.

This. I can understand it when a 'normal' business goes under as no one regulates them, (apart from their bank/lender) but how does this happen when football owners are meant to pass fit and proper tests. We may get royally fucked over by FFP and yet we are financially viable in ever sense and yet no one was arsed that Boltons owner ran up huge debts. The genuine Bolton fan loses his team and local small businesses get hammered whilst the owner swans off to another business and maybe even another football club. So well done to the Football league, you played a blinder.

I know this doesn’t solve the financial woes of all the struggling clubs but it would help if owners such as CFG were allowed to own more than one Club. Clubs like ours could buy smaller clubs like Bury or Bolton, maintain them financially and use them as farm teams, much like major league teams do here in North America, to produce home grown talent.

Alternatively, why don’t Premier League teams donate a percentage of the vast TV revenues to the lower leagues ? As little as 5% of premier league revenue would probably be enough to keep Divisions 1 and 2 solvent.

I know this doesn’t solve the financial woes of all the struggling clubs but it would help if owners such as CFG were allowed to own more than one Club. Clubs like ours could buy smaller clubs like Bury or Bolton, maintain them financially and use them as farm teams, much like major league teams do here in North America, to produce home grown talent.

Alternatively, why don’t Premier League teams donate a percentage of the vast TV revenues to the lower leagues ? As little as 5% of premier league revenue would probably be enough to keep Divisions 1 and 2 solvent.
And what happens when City (or whoever) is drawn against another team they own in the FA Cup? Or the feeder team become successful on the back of the support from City and made it into the Premier League.

Would you support City if we were just a feeder club for a bigger team (think back not so long ago when we were in the 3rd tier and skint...)?

Premier League teams donating a percentage of money to smaller teams wont help clubs who have owners like Bury / Coventry / Bolton etc - you think the extra money will go towards financially supporting the clubs rather than straight into the owners pockets?

A big thank you to the players who refused to play for that parting gift.

I hope none of them are planning on staying.
And just imagine they had played for nothing.... And broke a leg or another long term serious injury.... Then where is their next wage coming from as they cant sign for anyone else and play for months and months.

And what happens when City (or whoever) is drawn against another team they own in the FA Cup? Or the feeder team become successful on the back of the support from City and made it into the Premier League.

Would you support City if we were just a feeder club for a bigger team (think back not so long ago when we were in the 3rd tier and skint...)?

Premier League teams donating a percentage of money to smaller teams wont help clubs who have owners like Bury / Coventry / Bolton etc - you think the extra money will go towards financially supporting the clubs rather than straight into the owners pockets?
I know it isn’t perfect but the alternative to not supporting them financially is to see them go out of business. I’m not sure what other solutions there are but clearly once you get below the Championship professional football is a very precarious business.

I know it isn’t perfect but the alternative to not supporting them financially is to see them go out of business. I’m not sure what other solutions there are but clearly once you get below the Championship professional football is a very precarious business.
That is where the FA / Football League come in and take a greater control of who is buying clubs and how they intend to run it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.