Books You Are Currently Reading

Seosa

As a result of Uni, I've had to devote time (and money) to a variety of books. However, I've been aware of one in particular for a while & it was also recommended in a lecture, and it didn't cost a penny...

post_no%2Blogo%2B10.jpg

I'm not necessarily big on Klein's views, but this definitely comes across as essential reading.

So what are people reading? If they are that is...

Lol.

I also read Andy Buckley's City Miscellany last week and despite a few errors and untruths it was ok. Nothing special, it was almost like reading a City book written by someone who doesn't actually have an interest in football, just reports stories.

Just finished the second part of Game of Thrones and have started on the third.

I usually have a fiction and non-fiction book going at the same time and my non-fiction book is Chrostopher Browning's 'The Origins of the Final Solution'. It's very dense and scholarly but fills in the gaps in my knowledge of the subject.

Got No Logo but stopped half way, will go back to it though. Just bought '9/11 Wars' about the last 10 years and what's happened in Afghanistan and Pakistan, seems promising.

The Pillars of the Earth (courtesy of Ronnie the Rep who very kindly sent me a copy).

Only 900 pages to go. ;-)

Haven't had a lot of time to read recently but I really need to have a few hours with this as its good so far.

First Game of Thrones book - I am enjoying it far more than I thought I would as I picked it up coz my daughter and father-in-law both rave about it.

Game Changer: How the English Premier League came to dominate the world by Mihir Bose. Some interesting takes on how the Premeiership was formed. It does get bogged down a bit about 'them' outside the city limits, but it is interesting the way the try and re-write history. How they nearly appointed Sven etc... SKYs roll in the whole set up

Looking forward to getting to the City takeover point in the book. Hope it mentions the City fans with tea towels on their head. Always brings a smile to my chops :o)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.