Books You Are Currently Reading

I'm a few hundred pages into the 4th Game of Thrones book. It's not as dire as people make it out to be. After that I think I will hit up Skagboys by Irvine Welsh.

Citysmith said:
Game Changer: How the English Premier League came to dominate the world by Mihir Bose. Some interesting takes on how the Premeiership was formed. It does get bogged down a bit about 'them' outside the city limits, but it is interesting the way the try and re-write history. How they nearly appointed Sven etc... SKYs roll in the whole set up

Looking forward to getting to the City takeover point in the book. Hope it mentions the City fans with tea towels on their head. Always brings a smile to my chops :o)

This one is a bargain at only £1.90 for the Kindle edition. Just bought it, cheers for the heads up

Just finished Lakey's book (a must-read for all Blues!) and Peter Flannery's "First and Only" which was a bit trashy but caught the eye as it is set in Didsbury.

Paralleling Claire Tomalin's "Dickens - A life" with Zero Day by David Baldacci - both look promising!

Currently reading Pulse by Julian Barnes. Love how the different stories aren't about anything but yet capture emotion and relationships beautifully.

***Coughs*** oh yeah and sumat manly **grrrr**

My daughter is reading ,Of mice and men-Steinbeck,for her English exams,so I am re-reading this book with her,+I'm re-reading(which I tend to do)1984 (Big Brother),George Orwell at the minute.

Just finshed Songs of Ice and Fire which is the Game of Thrones TV series,the good
news is that there are probably going to be 7 books in the series,bad news is
that it could be 2014 before book 6 comes out. George R R Martin is a notoriously
slow writer.

Edit: If you enjoy that you may also like The Wheel Of Time series
of books by Robert Jordan,currently being finished off by Brandon Sanderson.
stands at 13 books with the 14th and final part due out
spring next year. Excellent series and great story.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.