Bordeaux

Going down the divisions kind of worked for us , before all this ffp shite. Not so for a huge club like Bordeaux though . Different times

It really is depressing. Years ago I had two friends who travelled huge distances every weekend to watch the club. This is a real blow not only to the city but also to the region. Any chance of the CFG acquiring another French club?

Sad news for their fans. I went to a Europa League game there the night after we played away in Lyon. Architecturally a great ground but a financial weight around their neck I suspect. The owner Gerard Lopez was hated in France before he even took over, so sentiment towards him unlikely to have changed. Also owns Boavista in Porto and they themselves narrowly avoided relegation this year.

In positive news Bordeaux's demise confirms the status of CFG club - Troyes, in Ligue 2 though. Would imagine the Savino money they're receiving should go a long way in Ligue 2, could mount a promotion push if some of that is invested right, which would be quite the turnaround.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.