Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my colleagues in our German depot is a big Dortmund fan and is wishing for a good game and may the best team win etc., etc., ....Sorry but I can't wish him the same. I don't want us to get through by a dodgy VAR but if that's the way it has to be.....

Opinions may vary on whether this competition is more important than the PL, but I think we can all agree that for the club to move on to the next level we need to win it. Whilst I personally have no affinity to the CL I am warming to it, and realise this is big for the club as a whole and massive for the players, imagine our Phil being a Champions league winner at his age, that can only propel him on to greater things......also, imagine our bargaining power in the transfer market, I’d imagine we could take our pick, as for tonight, I’m hoping Pep sticks some legs in with Rodri, he was over run in there for the first half last week and that ball through the middle third looked to be on all the time, second half we shut that door with Gundy (apart from the goal) but I think I’d prefer Kev or Bernie in there, preferably Kev as I’ve really enjoyed watching him play there in the past and I’m sure he would dominate from deep if we play plenty of pace up top

I'm not even remotely concerned about tonight. Not because I think we'll breeze it, although that would be OK, but because I still cannot get remotely excited about this thing. Yes I will watch, and yes I want us to win, but no more than if this was a League Cup game v Barnsley. I've lost no sleep over it nor give it any thought but conversely I'm still replaying the loss to Leeds in my head and forward looking to the Villa game and how we must win. Maybe it's a United thing playing on my mind but given the option of which one, if I could only have one, then it's the Premier League. I'd still rather win the Premier League even if Liverpool somehow fluked the Champions League, than win the Champions League and have United win the Premier League.
I cannot be alone I'm sure.
Personally winning the league is the pinnacle. Numerous times the Champions league has been won by a team that’s not even the best in its own country never mind Europe. I know our owners crave winning it but I don’t get nervous or anxious over these games .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.