Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One goal for us would be huge. They would then have to score 2 at least. As it is they still have to score 1. They'll be on the front foot from the off. Space will be available like it was in the 2nd half at home. Defence is not their strong point. Phil could have buried 2 before they got their equaliser. Hopefully we will take the chances we get .

Not sure. They don't want to bust their hopes too early,
waiting for us making nervy mistakes. A late 1-0 is enough.
Surely no one on here wants to experience a 0-0 and 10 mins left...

I think they couldn't defend an early 1-0 though.

Hope we can show a strong mentality from the go. Changed my vote from lose to win. We'll do it this time.

Getting nervous for this one.

Based on some of Peps comments and performances over the weekend I think we'll drop the false 9 and go in with a proper striker. Ill go:

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Dias
Zinchenko
Rodri
Gundo
KDB
Mahrez
Foden
Jesus

Expecting it'll be a nervy slog but I'll predict 2-1 City with a late City goal to put it out of reach and we get through. Haaland tries to get on the City plane after the match and has to be removed.
A proper striker!

It is a must win and it gives us a springboard for a massive 2 weeks coming up.

Semi, League Game, Final, CL Semi
I wondered why there was no let up this season, and forgot they had shunted that final back and in a typical year we'd already have that in our pocket, taking a tiny bit of the tension out of the season. The next few weeks are huge.

Not sure. They don't want to bust their hopes too early,
waiting for us making nervy mistakes. A late 1-0 is enough.
Surely no one on here wants to experience a 0-0 and 10 mins left...

I think they couldn't defend an early 1-0 though.

Hope we can show a strong mentality from the go. Changed my vote from lose to win. We'll do it this time.
Agreed. One thing a lot of city fans somehow forgot is that most teams are just as, if not more, afraid of us than we are of them. At 0-0 they are still in the game, 1-0 down and they've got a lot of work to do. I expect it will be a very cagey opening half an hour.

Sterling needs to stay on the bench, he is a liability.
Watching Sane tear it up for BM against PSG I can't help but notice the difference in class and impact.
Sane breezes past opponents, has a final ball and end product.
Sterling has none of these things.

Lets just hope Pep doesn't have a QF bout of 'thought Diarrhea' as in previous years and gets the line up bang on, tactics bang on. Makes the right sub calls when needed and in good time!! :D

Hope we don't play that CM. Dortmund would most likely play through it with ease. I'd prefer to see KDB as a false 9 and Bernardo in CM to add a bit of energy and help prevent the breaks. It worked well for us earlier in the season.
I agree with that. Best performance this year was with that formation v Munchengladbach. Need Bernardo in the middle badly, he’s not a false nine.
Time to be brave lads, then we win.

Sterling needs to stay on the bench, he is a liability.
Watching Sane tear it up for BM against PSG I can't help but notice the difference in class and impact.
Sane breezes past opponents, has a final ball and end product.
Sterling has none of these things.
Agree (to some extent) ... but Sane's decision making tonight was as wank as Sterling's right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.