Borussia Dortmund (H) Post-Match Thread

On Wednesday it dawned on me that City's starting XI are all from ten different countries, have they ever started a side w/ eleven?

Ederson (BRZ)
Cancelo (POR)
Ake (NED)
Stones (ENG)
Akanji (SUI)
Rodri (ESP)
KDB (BEL)
Gudugan (GER)
Grealish (ENG)
Haaland (NOR)
Mahrez (ALG)

It wouldn't be hard to swap Alvarez in for Grealish to do this IMO.

Honestly, I think this game was the perfect test for us.

Borussia Dortmund is probably the best team in the world who would park the bus. And we beat them. Any team better than BD will try and go on the offensive, which will just suit us even better. Opening up the game, creating a lot of room for Haaland et al.

This was actually an incredibly good result!

On Wednesday it dawned on me that City's starting XI are all from ten different countries, have they ever started a side w/ eleven?

Ederson (BRZ)
Cancelo (POR)
Ake (NED)
Stones (ENG)
Akanji (SUI)
Rodri (ESP)
KDB (BEL)
Gudugan (GER)
Grealish (ENG)
Haaland (NOR)
Mahrez (FFS)

It wouldn't be hard to swap Alvarez in for Grealish to do this IMO.
FIXED

Honestly, I think this game was the perfect test for us.

Borussia Dortmund is probably the best team in the world who would park the bus. And we beat them. Any team better than BD will try and go on the offensive, which will just suit us even better. Opening up the game, creating a lot of room for Haaland et al.

This was actually an incredibly good result!
Athletico Madrid beg to differ.

I was sitting to the right of the Dortmund fans (who were like every German fans I've ever seen - a lot of noise while apparently taking no notice of the football!) and it was clear that Dortmund pushed up to the halfway line when we were defending. Haaland prowled around with intent and I could not understand why Eddie didn't test them with one of his 70 yard "assists" to see if they could run, or why none of our lads tried a simple ball over the top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.