Borussia Monchengladbach vs Manchester City pre-match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric

Administrator
Presumably we'll see Stones and Gundogan back in the squad, but obviously Toure is ineligible. Hoping Celtic can somehow get something against Barca in the other game, but think that might be a bit optimistic.

It'll be interesting to see if Guardiola prioritises this game or the Burnley one with his team selection. Personally I think it should probably be the latter.

Bravo
Sagna
Stones
Otamendi
Clichy
Fernando
Gundogan
Silva
Navas
Nolito
Aguero

I think it's fair to say Pep has already shown he is prioritising this game with his selection yesterday.

Bravo
Zaba Stones Otamendi Clichy
Sane Gundogan Fernando Silva Nolito
Aguero.

Should be enough in that side to overcome BMG whilst keeping key players fit ahead of a tough game away at Turf Moor.

I think it's fair to say Pep has already shown he is prioritising this game with his selection yesterday.

I'm not sure about that. If that was the case you'd have thought he wouldn't have risked the likes of Fernandinho, Aguero, and De Bruyne yesterday.

Presumably he won't want anyone, other than Bravo, playing three games in seven days (especially after an international break).

It is possible, of course, that none of the aforementioned players will start against Burnley but it seems unlikely. I think a few could be benched on Wednesday.

I'm not sure about that. If that was the case you'd have thought he wouldn't have risked the likes of Fernandinho, Aguero, and De Bruyne yesterday.

Presumably he won't want anyone, other than Bravo, playing three games in seven days (especially after an international break).

It is possible, of course, that none of the aforementioned players will start against Burnley but it seems unlikely. I think a few could be benched on Wednesday.
Considering we've not qualified as yet, I don't see why you think we will do anything other than go full strength on Weds. Our owners have made it quite clear over the last few years where our priorities are.

Can't see anything but a full strength team:

Bravo
Sagna
Stones
Otamendi
Kolarov
Dinho
De Bruyne
Silva
Sterling
Nolito
Aguero

One more good result should see us there imo and there is no doubt pep wants to try and win the champions league while here.

It will obviously be a full strength team.

Bravo
Sagna Stones Otamendi Kolarov
Fernandinho
Gundogan De Bruyne
Sterling Aguero Silva/Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.