Borussia Monchengladbach vs Manchester City pre-match

Status
Not open for further replies.
It did look a really awkward fall, but when he went down the second time he was definitely complaining about a head injury. Sad news again, but it will no doubt please the few wishing his City career over as soon as possible.
The poor guy must be going through hell. We know how hard he works to recover so it must be absolutely gutting for him. He needs to stay positive as players have come back from far worse.

Because of goal difference, even if we win both games left in the group we'll need Barca to either lose once or get two draws if we're to finish top. Not beyond the realms of possibility with their current form but I don't see them losing tonight. Gladbach aren't doing so well at the moment either. Of course, if we thrash Celtic and/or BMG while Barcelona get a win and a draw then we might also top the group.

Imagine beating Barcelona in the group. Better still, imaging them finishing second and drawing Leicester next round...

That's probably because it's tomorrow night ;-)

It did look a really awkward fall, but when he went down the second time he was definitely complaining about a head injury. Sad news again, but it will no doubt please the few wishing his City career over as soon as possible.
I don't think anyone is wishing his career over. They are simply saying that's what the facts suggests. And they are right in that respect. The probability that Kompany is done are way higher than the likelihood he'll ever come back and be dominant again.

The mental anguish alone is enough to knock the very best out for life, talk less the physical one. Kompany hasn't had a healthy month I don't think in 2 years. The missed games keep piling up. At some point someone will call it.

Even the way the manager talks about him is ominous. It's more sad than anything else. Hope he makes it back, but if he doesn't, it will surprise no one. Not even you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.