BOTS

Kippaxian

This is just for my curiosity! On the main page it would say for example, 250 members browsing, 500 members and 50 bots.

Wtf is a bot? What does it do and how does it do it? I imagine it's an automated programme of sorts but not sure why it would be on a forum and it's purpose? Especially that many.

This is just for my curiosity! On the main page it would say for example, 250 members browsing, 500 members and 50 bots.

Wtf is a bot? What does it do and how does it do it? I imagine it's an automated programme of sorts but not sure why it would be on a forum and it's purpose? Especially that many.
They were just various search engine bots, indexing the site. They’re still there, and completely harmless, just not shown in the users online list any more.

It's the things that put raggy ads on the page when you've been in the rag thread or washing machines if you've been looking at them on Comet etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.