Bournemouth (H) - CC 3rd Round Post-match Thread

Only because it fits the agenda of the moaning mob who want a whipping boy. They can fuck right off with their negativity and their ganging up on a victim.
I thought he played well tonight - we looked far more solid when he came on. He still has plenty of upside just needs a long run in the team. People forget how much football he has missed.

Nail on the head. He's no £60m player for me.
Sums up our last three transfer windows for me, he was the only one signed 2018 I think 60m, last season was Rodri, Cancelo and Angelino jury out on that one, and this one has a chance of being good still, but underwhelming at present. None of Mahrez, Rodri, Cancelo have proved their transfer fees yet, Rodri should do.

Extremely enjoyable game, mostly because of Foden, it's such a pleasure to watch him play, particularly when there are no other 'big' players around him. Almost like Merlin at his peak, whatever he does is just perfect.
I felt sorry for Bernabe, that bump on his shin was growing as the camera was on it, I hope he's going to be back soon.

Delap looks a good player and cool finish but the lad needs game time, maybe has to go on loan for a season or 2 because city are looking to win big trophies and the title and pep wants ready made strikers. can delap fill the gap for aguero this season NO, its not being hard on the lad but getting game time he is about 6th or 7th choice if be told ?

the one thing going for him is the size and the power for a young lad reminds me of a young rooney so maybe he could handle playing first team football but the pressure is another thing

great start for the lad and showing coolness when others would have smashed it over the bar shows he will be a very good player , but i would like him playing on loan in the championship even if its only for 12 months

Mahrez continually plays terribly in these early cup games, like he's offended to have been put in with the kids. Sané was similar, IMO it really differentiates the real team players and the ones focused on themselves above all. Sterling, Walker, Mendy, Rodri all supported the kids, took on more responsibility, could be seen guiding them through the game and looked like they were enjoying it.
Used to do it regularly with Foden, nice to see that the kid has now overtaken him. And it's still not ingrained into him the pass to the player in a better position

Foden was excellent. He’s developing into a
leader, wanting to dictate play etc. It’s fabulous to see.

Delap is what he is. A born goal scorer that has the physicality but just needs to iron out the creases by playing more games at a high level. Hugely promising and should be on the bench as a proper alternative option.

I thought Doyle did well. He’s playing it conservatively which is understandable. There’s clearly more to his game.

Harwood-Bellis certainly has talent. He looked slightly edgy but grew into the game. Hopefully he either gets more first team minutes or perhaps goes on loan. He’s not far off and didn’t look too dissimilar in level to Garcia considering one has been given a lot more opportunities.

Elsewhere, Steffan seemed confident. It’s refreshing that I didn’t shit it when the ball went near our net in the cups. It’ll be good to see more.

Not much of note from others really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.