Bournemouth (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

An absolute canter. Seven minutes to win the game, then just play out the 90.

You don't win premier leagues by beating the likes of Bournemouth, but you do set down a marker to show what you have in the tank.

Don't see anyone getting near us this season, despite a couple of fairly early losses.
I think liverpool will give us a hell of a fight. A year off the PED’s last season means they are a lot stronger this, and no champions league distraction

Even in 2nd gear that’s what we can do when we’re clinical. To be fair to Bournemouth they played some pretty decent stuff in patches but we just blew them away as we pleased.

Doku outstanding, Bernie not far behind and pretty accomplished performances all over the park.

Thoroughly enjoyable game, for the most part. First 25 mins Bournemouth defended well and were tidy when in possession. Doku provides something i’m not sure we’ve had fully, since Sane left, electric pace from a standing start together with knowing when to take a player on and when to retain possession. Another masterclass from Bernardo, skill, game intelligence and hard work in equal measure, his second goal was sublime.Good solid performances from all others. Nunes and Kovacic need more time to ‘learn’ the City way - but how many signings do we get wrong so I’m optimistic for both. One day we’ll go full pelt against a team for 90 minutes -and I can see another ‘Huddersfield‘ scoreline.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.