Bournemouth (H) Post Match Thread

He is clearly third choice in that position and is a bit of a concern to be fair. However, not sure how far you are going back but I dare say there are a few
down the years who make him look like a super star in that position.

I can't think of many worse defensively tbh, baring in mind that he has hardly any to do.

I think we need to cut Zinchenko a little slack, don't you? I understand we're gunning to be the best side in Europe and that we can't have deadwood holding us back, etc. etc., but he's a kid being asked to play out of position because our other two left-backs are so injury prone. He's going to look poor playing as a defender on a long-term basis because he isn't one. He played as a winger/#10 for his entire youth career until Mendy and Delph were both on the treatment table. I understand Delph wasn't a left-back either but some players are just naturally suited to certain positions, even if they've never played there before - Zinchenko just happens to not be one of them, that's not really his fault.

I wanted to keep Zinchenko over the summer and was sad when I thought he'd be heading to Napoli, but I think he needs to leave in the summer. Not because I don't want to keep him - I think he's a great third option to have, and I think quite a lot of clubs in this league would prefer to have him as defensive back-up than some of the options they currently have. The fact that Newcastle have been alternating between Ciaran Clark and Javier Manquillo at left-back should explain how lucky we are to have a deputy like Zinchenko. But he needs to look at his options: he's behind Mendy and Delph at left-back, and behind both Silvas, De Bruyne, Sterling, Gundogan and Foden for that #10 spot.

He needs to weigh up his options in the summer, and I think when he does we'll see him leave.

I don't think I need to cut him slack tbh, I don't have any influence on him.

Delph has been 10 times better tonight & yet cost us a goal.

Funny old game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.