bowel condition called divertuclar

Anyone had it

Had to leave game last night due to severe abdominal pain, had tests all day and they think it might be that and need an op

What kind of tests did you have? I would have thought you would need to have a colonoscopy or CT scan to be diagnosed.

Several bowel issues have similar symptoms.

My auntie has it and even I'm at a loss to suggest anything to her and I have ulcerative colitis.

I am on lots of medication for my illness but I don't know how you would start to control this

What kind of tests did you have? I would have thought you would need to have a colonoscopy or CT scan to be diagnosed.

Several bowel issues have similar symptoms.

Had both plus chest and stomach X-rays, bloods, urine, prostate, CT showed a hole in bowel which has leaked my shit out hence infection, Dr due now and options are

Best case tidy up flush it out and repair hole with keyhole surgery

Next removed damaged bit of bowel with operation

Worst remove bowel and have colostomy bag

Registrar said during night it looked like first one but had to give me them all

Anyone had it

Had to leave game last night due to severe abdominal pain, had tests all day and they think it might be that and need an op

My brother was in North Manchester last week for 2 nights with it mate.

In the very worst cases surgery might be needed but its very common, especially so as we get older but for the vast majority its just a bit of feeling full and bloated and the odd bit of discomfort.

The name is far worse than the condition although when your in pain that wont be any comfort i know.

Hope your feeling better soon Blue.

All I know is that it's scary business... but it's possible to come back strong and even better than before. Brock Lesnar the WWE/UFC star had a bout with it 5 years ago.

You got this.

Had both plus chest and stomach X-rays, bloods, urine, prostate, CT showed a hole in bowel which has leaked my shit out hence infection, Dr due now and options are

Best case tidy up flush it out and repair hole with keyhole surgery

Next removed damaged bit of bowel with operation

Worst remove bowel and have colostomy bag

Registrar said during night it looked like first one but had to give me them all

Goodness. Lucky they ran the tests so quickly. It takes me three weeks to get an appointment with my GP.

Best of luck with it, mate. I hope they sort it out soon.

You're in safe hands. The NHS is very good in relation to colorectal and gastroentology issues. They tend to turn things around quickly.

I had recurring diverticulitis starting about 10 years ago in my late 30's which started off as an attack about every year and got progressively more frequent until I decided to have surgery to remove about 10 cm of sigmoid colon, the worst affected area, about 5 years ago.

Unfortunately strong antibiotics are typically required to fight the infection as it won't go away on its own. The good news is that post surgery, with the only major change to my diet being the intake of a large amount of supplemental fiber and water, I've only had two attacks since and healthier than I've been since my 20's. I strongly recommend Metamucil and water, and if you drink caffeine and/or alcohol, then "always be hydrating!"
ClJ3VtyUkAEhO5k.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.