Boxing's just great.

billfromthehill said:
Wretched Vengeance said:
mcfc1894 said:
yeah fair play, to do that takes some heart. but he still should of lost that fight. carlos ortiz is a dick, he should never do the judging ever again. what was he watching?! as beltran just said, it's bullshit

Good words from Beltran too. The bloke should be going home a World Champion.
Too right mate gutted for the gringo DID YOU CLOCK HEARNS FACE WHEN THE SCORES CAME OUT.
Fukin looked like he'd just got a not guilty on a murder charge whilst still holding a smoking gun in a blood stained coat.

I did. An absolute travesty that decision. The bloke wasn't brash, just a decent, humble bloke who has been wronged tonight.

I think everyone from the two fighters, to all the ex pro analysts to everyone in the crowd, knew who won the fight. But it's sometimes easy to forget the early rounds where Burns obviously nicked them all for the judges.

It's why I've always had a problem with the 10 point must system. Judges are encouraged to as often as possible find a winner each round. So a round a boxer edges by the bare minimum margin will completley cancel out a round his opponent totally dominated without a knockdown.

That said the judge who had Burns by three must have given him eight of the eleven rounds apart from the knockdown round and that's pretty hard to agree with, however fair you're trying to be to them.

Just seen brief highlights and it looks like Burns' glove touch downed after a punch in the fourth. So that probably should have been another point off his total.

Just caught the last couple of rounds of Pryor-Arguello II. Fucking hell those were the days. That Pryor was an absolute animal/juggernaut!!! One of the best when he was on top for a few years!!! Dont know if he is even still alive but he got sidetracked by drugs and ended up broke.

Burns hasn't looked good since he went to Macthroom was getting beaten in his last fight until the retirement. Then last night he was a lucky lucky man to hold onto his title. I think Matchroom have a lot of work. Yes it was a hard fight but he is doing well to hold onto the belt. A easy mandatory when his jaw is sorted then the rematch with Beltran in the US were the result will be more fairer.

leighton said:
Burns hasn't looked good since he went to Macthroom was getting beaten in his last fight until the retirement. Then last night he was a lucky lucky man to hold onto his title. I think Matchroom have a lot of work. Yes it was a hard fight but he is doing well to hold onto the belt. A easy mandatory when his jaw is sorted then the rematch with Beltran in the US were the result will be more fairer.
I agree let corolla hav a crack at him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.