Boyata back in?

ChicagoBlue said:
bluemoon risin' said:
Interesting to see that Dedryk Boyata was brought on for 10 minutes yesterday, does that mean he's in the shop window or back as part of the squad? Really thought we had a top homegrown defender in him and he led the line so well with komps as mentor in the league cup semi at prawn triffid a couple of seasons back. Never got a sniff in since he was red carded against Arsenal. Good to see us promoting youth, something not really seen under Mancini...

Think Mancini was pissed that he committed that foul so early in the game and City got their first real home spanking from The Arse, and Mancini was not enamored. We will see if he has a future with Rekik and Nastasic both being left sided. I would like to see us nurture him as a right sided CB, even though we have Micah for that role when Zaba and Maicon are fit.

Unfortunately, once you get to your early 20s, if you are not a solid squad player, then it is difficult to hang around and watch your career disappear, especially when the 16-21 year olds behind you are still being groomed by the Academy.

Was glad to see Rekik, Huws and Rusznak getting a run out, even if Huws was given a pretty hard baptism by one of the best attacking midfields in the world. Penalty against Rekik was a joke!

They talk of a friendly but Mata was still in 'gotta win this at all costs mode' with that dive. I know he's only a little fellah but he went down when someone on the third tier waved a flag!

I'd like to think that maybe Vieira and the new manager can get him his confidence back because he was really doing well until the sending off vs Arsenal. Could bea worthy squad player if he finds his form.

‏@Dedryck_Boyata 24 May
Great to wear the City Shirt again after such a long time. Good win For us! Thank you for all the messages

Had a lot of promise after seeing him in the CC semi. Shame he hasn't managed to break in. With kolo going and maybe lescott wouldn't mind keeping him around as backup for one more season rather than spending money. With komps nasty maicon Richards Garcia and rekik all able to cover at CB if needs must don't see the need to buy if we keep boyata.

What gets me is how he didn't get a game for Bolton towards the end of his loan and Rekik couldn't get a game for Blackburn in the Championship.

Caveman said:
What gets me is how he didn't get a game for Bolton towards the end of his loan and Rekik couldn't get a game for Blackburn in the Championship.
I would say it is because both teams were fighting for survival and can a manager really take a risk on throwing a teenager in when he has an experienced head on the bench.

Not only would the fans go mental especially if he made a mistake but also the owner as he would put it down to the manager picking the wrong team and not using players who have more experience and arguably are better players because of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.