Boyata

i thought he started really shaky but grew into it.
He didnt give rooney enough of a kicking thou imo

I too thought the lad did well. Let's be truthful, it was like a cauldron out there last night and for a kid of 19 I think he did brilliantly. And as other have noticed, his obvious disappointment at being subbed was there for all to see.

For a bloody teenage boy to put on the shift that he did last night in that sort of atmosphere was damned impressive, I say.

Would he have been on the line though to clear owens shot (ala Nedum) ??? Probably not tbh...It was meant that Ned was there..

It is written.

bluethai said:
Ned couldn't handle Rooney as well.

Not many people can! I don't think he looked out of place last night. If thats how he plays on his second start for city, against one of the worlds top strikers I think he could become an important player for us.

Polari said:
Did alright all things considered, but I can't help but think Ned would have been a better choice to start.

Mancini probably had doubts over whether Ned could last 90mins.

Seemed a good call by Mancini. Didnt risk Ned's lack of fitness being exposed, but took the youngster off before mental fatigue set in. We needed Ned in the latter stages probably more than at the start.

Hopefully ned will get a run out in the FA cup and be match fit for next week.

I didnt think Boyata did anything special but he does have that look about him of a potentially very good player.

he had a great game considering he had to cover for Micah yet again at right back. Seriously Micah stopped just one cross from coming in last night cant believe he still gets a game week in week out, i knew his blackburn goal was a poison chalice and he'll dine out on that for the next 2 months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.