boyata's sending off and Mancini's response

If we had sterted with Ade in a 4-4-2 we would undoubtedly have had to sacrifice him once Boyata was sent off. We saw when Balotelli came on that playing 4-3-2 against Arsenal's 4-5-1 means that they have far too much of the ball. We certainly couldnt have played them for 85 mins with two up front.

I thought that we'd bring on Johnson rather than Balotelli, but at 2-0 down it probably woulnt have made a difference and who knows what would have happened if Mario had had a dream start.

I thought the sending off of Boyata was compounded by Boateng looking very uncomfortable positionally at left back, in marked contrast to his performances for Germany. He was an obvious weakness for Arsenal to exploit. That led to the temporary expedient of playing Barry there, when we really needed his industry in midfield. I dont blame Mancini for bringing on Bridge, but it was a subsitution we could have done without.

It must have been a very difficult match for Mancini given the sending off, the problem of left back and Tevez's injury. I didnt agree with all of his decisions but at least he kept trying to change the course of game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.